cleaning my reservoir X2O 750

hi,

yesterday i brought a gaming pc from some so i could use some of the parts from it and i drained the loop in it because it didnt look to nice and i discovered that i dont think the dude who used it was using a biocide  and there is a ring of grim around the top of the reservoir and i need some help cleaning it.the reservoir is a xspc X2O 750 and there is no way of opening up the reservoir as i can see and the pump and reservoir both need cleaning.is there any form of liquid i could run through it to clean it like maybe bleach or flash??

any help or tips is great.

23 minutes ago, joe_p231 said:

hi,

yesterday i brought a gaming pc from some so i could use some of the parts from it and i drained the loop in it because it didnt look to nice and i discovered that i dont think the dude who used it was using a biocide  and there is a ring of grim around the top of the reservoir and i need some help cleaning it.the reservoir is a xspc X2O 750 and there is no way of opening up the reservoir as i can see and the pump and reservoir both need cleaning.is there any form of liquid i could run through it to clean it like maybe bleach or flash??

any help or tips is great.

Depending on the version you have, mine is v4, it is very possible to open the reservoir and clean it but let me warn you, getting the O-ring back in place if it comes out is really time consuming and almost grey hair making. I open mine and use warm soapy water and an unused medium toothbrush to clean what it can reach and then qtips to clean the corners then just wash it out and repeat about 2 times.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Depending on the version you have, mine is v4, it is very possible to open the reservoir and clean it but let me warn you, getting the O-ring back in place if it comes out is really time consuming and almost grey hair making. I open mine and use warm soapy water and an unused medium toothbrush to clean what it can reach and then qtips to clean the corners then just wash it out and repeat about 2 times.

mine is the v2 and it doesnt look like it opens up

5 minutes ago, joe_p231 said:

mine is the v2 and it doesnt look like it opens up

Yeah i think those were sealed. You will have to be content with running warm soapy water through it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.