Corsair H100i GTX replace stock fans

JoPed

Hi,

I recently got the H100i GTX AIO cooler with the Corsair SP120L fans, which i have been wanting to replace with something a little more noise optimized.

I have been do some researching and found the EK-vardar F2-120 (1450rpm), but would they be a replacement worth the money? They run at almost half the rpm compared to SP120L but are a lot quieter. They will also need to be a decent cooler, which I'm not sure about. Could you guys maybe recommend another fan, if the EK is not the best solution?

Help, much appreciated .

5 minutes ago, JoPed said:

Hi,

I recently got the H100i GTX AIO cooler with the Corsair SP120L fans, which i have been wanting to replace with something a little more noise optimized.

I have been do some researching and found the EK-vardar F2-120 (1450rpm), but would they be a replacement worth the money? They run at almost half the rpm compared to SP120L but are a lot quieter. They will also need to be a decent cooler, which I'm not sure about. Could you guys maybe recommend another fan, if the EK is not the best solution?

Help, much appreciated .

Vardar fans are actually decent.

others are Noiseblocker, Noctua and the Venturi fans from Fractal Design.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

3 hours ago, JoPed said:

Hi,

Help, much appreciated .

I got Noiseblocker eLoop B12-P's for my h100i gtx. Whisper quiet fans, completely different world compared to stock Corsair fans.

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

Try it yourself, from 1400rpm to max 2600rpm of the SP120L to see how much cooler your CPU runs under load? It's like 3-4C difference, but the noise increase is insane.

Get a rad fan with max 1400-1500rpm range is fine for most use. Unless you don't mind the "jet engine" noise and really need that extra couples of degree C cooler. I'd even argue getting those 2000+rpm fan is silly because very unlikely you'll run the fan at those speed.

EK Vardar gets my thumb-up.

Thanks everyone. Guess it will be the vardar or the Noiseblocker (which i have yet to research on). Just got 3 noctua case fans, they are perfect but a bit pricey, so I most likely will not do noctua fans for the rad.