DIY Magnetic Case Badges

Steve N. Mavronis

Magnetic case badges that I made from by PC build. I bought 10' roll of 1" magnetic tape at Walmart for $4 in the crafts section. 

Each one is a separate 'movable' magnet badge. They are just randomly placed here for a photo. I don't like the idea of permanently affixing sticker badges to my case and not being able to remove them later without possibly peeling some paint off messing up the finish. This is better!

magnetbadges.JPG.b7f403d55e3156f0dda8d83

+1 for effort! The asus logo does not look great. Great idea

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

7 minutes ago, TheGeeker said:

+1 for effort! The asus logo does not look great. Great idea

Thanks! Yeah I can only work with what was given with my parts. The motherboard is the ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming. Unfortunately it's not a ROG board because that badge would have look better I'm sure. I wish Microsoft included a Windows 10 badge but I guess I could DIY print one out. I haven't opened my K70 keyboard yet so don't know if Corsair includes one. By build isn't finished so I'm typing from my old PC until then.

Just now, Remon Salazar said:

great job. but where is that dragon of msi ?? :P

That would have looked cool but no MSI parts. Almost wouldn't have been, but EVGA beat it out with the 980 Ti Classified which went on sale at a cheaper price!

cheaper isn't always the best. the lightning 980ti is gpu from hell, so damn fast. evga product are also super great, but i'm an msi fan after all.

3 minutes ago, Remon Salazar said:

cheaper isn't always the best. the lightning 980ti is gpu from hell, so damn fast. evga product are also super great, but i'm an msi fan after all.

I agree about the Lightning but that's like a 3 slot card! I'm building in a Phanteks Evolv ITX so 2 slot max for the GPU. I was going for the MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G at first.

I guess you could try looking on ebay for cheap stickers.

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF |