Anyone enjoy Flight Sims?

RuecanOnRails

I've enjoyed Flight Sims off and on for many years now but lately slowed down and now I'm looking to start flyin again.

I've just started putting a bunch of hours into Take On Helicopters which has an incredible amount of freedom and replay value due to the editor and nearly full creative control over making your own maps, missions, and randomly generated missions to keep playing.

Sadly the servers for it are empty with rarely anyone to do co-op missions or random time trails sight seeing with.

I also own nearly the entire DCS world collection which I have yet to really sink my teeth into and fly on the hardest difficulty with no assisting features.

If you know some other great games let me know, or maybe you want to join me in take on helicopters.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Have you heard about Star Citizen? It's a space sim being built by Chris Roberts (Wing Commander), and I'm pretty sure a bunch of people on here including Linus and myself are going to be getting into that and can't wait to get into the Alpha. Currently thinking of trying to re-learn how to fly with a stick in game (it's been sooo long), in preparation for it, so I might end up trying out some sims at some point.

AMD FX-4100(Temporary), MSI 990FXA-GD65, 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3, MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC, MSI Radeon HD 5450, Asus Xonar DGX, M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD, 250GB Hitachi HDD, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU, CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Corsair H50

heh, yeah I've already dumped $120 into star citizen, I'm eagerly awaiting it.. Too bad it wont be out for another two years or so, with a hopeful alpha phase coming out possibly later this year.

My recommendation for practicing flight sims, get a hotas stick, quality should reflect your budget and dedication towards playing. Make sure whatever game you start up, crank the difficulty to max right away. Recent flight sims are using their difficulty settings to account for complete beginners using a keyboard and mouse by removing almost all forces on the aircraft. they remove crosswinds, engine torque, and sometimes it seems like even gravity is taken out haha.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.