Xbox 360 Controller causing blue-screen crash??

MattShnoop

Hello everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, 64bit (I'm not sure if that means anything, but someone might ask eventually, so I figured I would say it now). I was playing a bit of Rocket League with my friend, when suddenly, my controller cut out (cost me a point, dammit). I unplugged it and it re-plugged it, and it worked... for about 45 seconds, when it started cutting in and out. The lights on it were flickering on and off. My friend suggest plugging it into the other port, and so I did.... And a second later it blue-screened my computer.

Apparently, this is a common that happens sometimes. It's supposedly a driver problem. Buying a new controller (Xbone) would probably fix it, but I don't want to do that right now.

By the way I don't have the software tool for 360 installed.

Any ideas?

PC Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING x570-PLUS (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 CL18

Graphics: ASUS GTX 1080

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

PSU: Corsair RM750 (2019)

Displays: ASUS VS247 & ASUS VH169

12 minutes ago, MattShnoop said:

Hello everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1, 64bit (I'm not sure if that means anything, but someone might ask eventually, so I figured I would say it now). I was playing a bit of Rocket League with my friend, when suddenly, my controller cut out (cost me a point, dammit). I unplugged it and it re-plugged it, and it worked... for about 45 seconds, when it started cutting in and out. The lights on it were flickering on and off. My friend suggest plugging it into the other port, and so I did.... And a second later it blue-screened my computer.

Apparently, this is a common that happens sometimes. It's supposedly a driver problem. Buying a new controller (Xbone) would probably fix it, but I don't want to do that right now.

By the way I don't have the software tool for 360 installed.

Any ideas?

Do you have the most  updated drivers? Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

I went to try that, and it's not in my device manager anymore... And when I plug it in it isn't recognized either. 

PC Specs

20 hours ago, N_Bot said:

Do you have the most  updated drivers? Try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

I went to try that, and it's not in my device manager anymore... And when I plug it in it isn't recognized either. 

PC Specs