help with my pc build!

zulQUET

I personally don't see anything however, you didn't add a cpu cooler. I assume you're going to use the stock one? Just thought I would remind you if you did forget however.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Just now, Howlingwolf101 said:

I personally don't see anything however, you didn't add a cpu cooler. I assume you're going to use the stock one? Just thought I would remind you if you did forget however.

ye im going with the stock cooler for now, maybe upgrade later on...

I don't think you can oc on that cpu so he doesn't need one.

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Post this in New Builds and Planning. I wouldn't pay much attention to what Howling said...there's absolutely NO reason to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler on a non-K processor because you won't be overclocking. That being said, if you want to overclock you should definitely switch to an i5-4690k and get an aftermarket cooler. There's no real reason to spend so much on a Z97 motherboard if you don't intend to overclock. 

Instead of that ugly asus 970 you can get gigabyte sexy one if you want 970 so much asus i not good in terms of GPU market ;p

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

Just now, zulQUET said:

ye im going with the stock cooler for now, maybe upgrade later on...

Once again, that's a waste of money. No need to "upgrade later on" unless you're really picky about sound or you are getting an overclockable CPU. 

CPU cooler would be a huge help because the stock intel one is noisy AF. Of course, I can way too much about noise so it'll probably be fine for you.

inb4 390.

Also, 390.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Just now, manofsteel said:

Instead of that ugly asus 970 you can get gigabyte sexy one if you want 970 so much asus i not good in terms of GPU market ;p

well i get free 250gb ssd if i buy the asus one on my local store:)

Just now, CorgiJam said:

Post this in New Builds and Planning. I wouldn't pay much attention to what Howling said...there's absolutely NO reason to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler on a non-K processor because you won't be overclocking. That being said, if you want to overclock you should definitely switch to an i5-4690k and get an aftermarket cooler. There's no real reason to spend so much on a Z97 motherboard if you don't intend to overclock. 

1 minute ago, AlbinoTexan said:

I don't think you can oc on that cpu so he doesn't need one.

I never mentioned anything about OC, I was just bringing it up in case he forgot that was all.  I know you don't need an aftermarket cooler if you don't plan on OC.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Just now, zulQUET said:

Forget the bit about the 390, then. Wait, then why did you list an SSD?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I never mentioned anything about OC, I was just bringing it up in case he forgot that was all.  I know you don't need an aftermarket cooler if you don't plan on OC.

Yeah pretty much a waste of money if you can't or won't oc

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Just now, zulQUET said:

hmm i dont know if its worth because asus are loud so your system will be even more louder becasue of stock cooler and asus one .... so you are throwing a lot of money to mud especially with case i think >.> (which is my favorite but she alone wont make diffrence in noise with such setup).

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

Just now, Ryoutarou97 said:

Forget the bit about the 390, then. Wait, then why did you list an SSD?

because i wanted to know that everything works together, im first time builder:)

hmm i dont know if its worth because asus are loud so your system will be even more louder becasue of stock cooler and asus one .... so you are throwing a lot of money to mud especially with case i think >.> (which is my favorite but she alone wont make diffrence in noise with such setup).

u say free 250gb ssd is not worth it?

Pssh i would just buy an after market cooler just to keep it more cool then the stock one would. Especially if you are throwing a 970 in there you must plan on doing some cpu intensive games which can then lower the life span your cpu. At least from my experience, everyone cpu is different. Good luck with your new build

Just now, zulQUET said:

because i wanted to know that everything works together, im first time builder:)

Oh, alright. I would say it all looks good, but what are you paying for the PSU? There might be a better one for the price.

Just now, zulQUET said:

I have never heard anyone have a problem with the STRIX cooler. It's actually very quiet and it being ugly is a matter of opinion. 

14 minutes ago, zulQUET said:

im buying these parts now for my first pc build, is there something i should change? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LMwhRB

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($122.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($37.38 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($277.00 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: AOC I2379VHE 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($119.99 @ Micro Center) 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1141.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-26 15:36 EST-0500

Much better PSU, overclockable CPU and better price/performance GPU.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, zulQUET said:

if you go for z97 with such CPU you lose money if you go with noisy build with such high priced case you lose money heck i dont know if your GPU is now overpriced cuz i dont know the prices in your region. And GPU can have issues since as i said Asus dont have good name in GPU market (or atleast thats what read about them so far). which money that you could save with changes i bet you could get that ssd becasue that crucial is not the expensive SSD in the world :P overall the build is good but that GPU drives me crazy .

Just now, TheRandomness said:

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($122.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($37.38 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1141.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-26 15:36 EST-0500

Much better PSU, overclockable CPU and better price/performance GPU.

well im buying from my local store so that would cost around 1300 soooo... i think i cant afford that:D

2 minutes ago, zulQUET said:

well im buying from my local store so that would cost around 1300 soooo... i think i cant afford that:D

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.75 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3P ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1098.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-26 15:41 EST-0500

How about that?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.75 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3P ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1098.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-26 15:41 EST-0500

How about that?

still cant afford that because the 4690k, its 100€ more than the 4460

1 minute ago, zulQUET said:

still cant afford that because the 4690k, its 100€ more than the 4460

then dont pick that z97 mb but instead you can go with some B chipset motherboard ;P

then dont pick that z97 mb but instead you can go with some B chipset motherboard ;P

well is asus h81-gamer good option?