Bought an i7-4770 for $175

Just bought an i7-4770 (Non-K) for $175 BRAND NEW! Was this not a good deal or what?! Finally after 4 months of saving i can finally build my Computer. I also have a question, does this processor beat an i5-4690k? I know if you overclock an i5 it would perform better but, Price/Performance am i golden?

Yes, yes, and yes. I'd honestly take a 4790 over a 4690k anyway. The benefits of overclocking are somewhat outweighed by the potential future benefits of those extra threads. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, rektrobin said:

Just bought an i7-4770 (Non-K) for $175 BRAND NEW! Was this not a good deal or what?! Finally after 4 months of saving i can finally build my Computer. I also have a question, does this processor beat an i5-4690k? I know if you overclock an i5 it would perform better but, Price/Performance am i golden?

From where?

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

From where?

There's this app called Mercari, (look it up if you're not familiar) but basically this guy had an Unopened i7 laying around that he did not use for his Build and i got him down to $175.

Just now, rektrobin said:

There's this app called Mercari, (look it up if you're not familiar) but basically this guy had an Unopened i7 laying around that he did not use for this Build and i got him down to $175.

Did he have pictures and ownership photo´s?

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Did he have pictures and ownership photo´s?

Yes, the I7 had the original seal and proof of owner ship, also the app hold's the money until i receive the product and rate it as what was listed.

Just now, rektrobin said:

Yes, the I7 had the original seal and proof of owner ship, also the app hold's the money until i receive the product and rate it as what was listed.

Well then, ain´t you a lucky bastard.

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yes, yes, and yes. I'd honestly take a 4790 over a 4690k anyway. The benefits of overclocking are somewhat outweighed by the potential future benefits of those extra threads. 

Same for me and when i saw this offer i couldn't pass it up.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Well then, ain´t you a lucky bastard.

i guess you can say that :] I'm just happy me being patient payed off as i was getting ready to buy a i7-4790 (Non-K) 

I mean the 4690k will have stronger single-threaded/quad-core performance over the 4770.

But yeah, those extra threads are worth it.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

9 minutes ago, rektrobin said:

hell yes! lucky deal! :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, Memories4K said:

I mean the 4690k will have stronger single-threaded performance over the 4770.

But yeah, those extra threads are worth it.

True. But yea i'll take more threads any day of the week.

1 minute ago, SeanAngelo said:

hell yes! lucky deal! :D

Awesome! I'm excited!

High 5 I just got i7 4770k for 250 too!

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Just now, Zackfoo said:

High 5 I just got i7 4770k for 250 too!

Nice! $250 is a really good price considering they are still going $300 new.

1 hour ago, rektrobin said:

Nice! $250 is a really good price considering they are still going $300 new.

yup yup i waas damn happy about it since this is new also. but oc-ing it makes me a little set i am a little bitch about it it can only reach 4.4ghz. given that my old 4690k can do 4.8 i am really sad about it. but the truth is, the performance gain is not really that significant anyway lol

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Holy shit, $175 new for an i7-4770 is unreal. That's i5-4460 territory pricewise, and the 4770 is a far superior gaming cpu: it's 500 MHz faster in gaming loads plus the hyperthreading and extra 2MB of L3 cache.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Holy shit, $175 new for an i7-4770 is unreal. That's i5-4460 territory pricewise, and the 4770 is a far superior gaming cpu: it's 500 MHz faster in gaming loads plus the hyperthreading and extra 2MB of L3 cache.

I know! At first he had it listed for $225 and i said what would be your lowest, and when he said $175 i whipped out my debit card and bought it in a heartbeat. Originally i was either getting a Xeon 1231 or a i7-4790k if i had spare cash. But the i7-4770 will last a few years.

1 hour ago, Zackfoo said:

yup yup i waas damn happy about it since this is new also. but oc-ing it makes me a little set i am a little bitch about it it can only reach 4.4ghz. given that my old 4690k can do 4.8 i am really sad about it. but the truth is, the performance gain is not really that significant anyway lol

If i had a K series CPU i probably wasn't going to overclock anyway, especially when i don't even really play demanding games other than CS, H1Z1, BF4, and possibly Arma 3, which is actually very demanding since it's not optimized correctly.