G502 or Zowie EC2-A/FK2

Tacobite

So I guess I'm mainly deciding between these 3 mice. 

A little background info about right now is that I play CS:GO occasionally. Meaning I probably don't need the best sensor but on the chances that I do play, I want it to perform. My current mouse is the Razer Deathadder 2013, hoping one of the mice to be of similar weight or lighter. Similar shape. I mostly do palm grip. 

I currently play at 1300 DPI, So I'm guessing the 1600 DPI mode on either zowie mouse might do me fine. I'm just looking for opinions for people who have either (tried all mice / upgraded to these mice from a deathadder)

I have the G502 and play a pretty good amount of CS I am a big fan of this mouse, feels great in the hand buttons are responsive and the extra buttons are useful if you set them up right, it also looks pretty nice and isn't ridiculously expensive 

20 Year old Computing student who plays video games and fusses over how his PC looks in his free time

Spoiler

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 4670K - 4.4 GHz | MotherboardMSI Z77-G45 Gaming | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 128GB x 2 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon 7950 | PSU: Corsair CX750m | Case: NZXT S340 | Cooling: Corsair H90 | MonitorAOC 22" Monitor | PeripheralsRazer Blackwidow Ultimate, Creative Soundblaster Rage Wireless and Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10  Arch Linux (XFCE) 

Pictures and More Information Here 

3 minutes ago, Tacobite said:

So I guess I'm mainly deciding between these 3 mice. 

A little background info about right now is that I play CS:GO occasionally. Meaning I probably don't need the best sensor but on the chances that I do play, I want it to perform. My current mouse is the Razer Deathadder 2013, hoping one of the mice to be of similar weight or lighter. Similar shape. I mostly do palm grip. 

I currently play at 1300 DPI, So I'm guessing the 1600 DPI mode on either zowie mouse might do me fine. I'm just looking for opinions for people who have either (tried all mice / upgraded to these mice from a deathadder)

the EC2 is really  similar to the deathadder soooo

if you have a local bestbuy they should have a g502 for you to try out as well

EC2A all the way. It's a better deathadder and much lighter than the G502. It also has a better cable IMO witch causes less drag. The Zowie mice are just so far ahead of everyone in the competitive mouse game right now. The only mouse close IMO is the G303 and Mionix Castor, depending on grip type of course.

Edit: I think the Deathdder Chroma would def be in the conversation if Razer would a) change the braided cable to rubber, b) redesign the flair-ing "front" of the mouse.  The sensor is amazing and very responsive it's just a few things that make it worse than say, an EC1A or Castor, etc.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

The deathadder 2013 weighed around 80 grams if im not mistaken and thats pretty close to the EC2-A weight while the G502 weights in at about 11x somethin (weightless). Also the Deathadder has a similar shape with the EC2-A.  

Honestly if you're looking for an FPS mouse JUST FOR FPS (which i highly doubt) get the Zowie. Its very well built and the weight is perfect for serious gaming, also a lot of the current pros use the zowie brand. While most sponsored logitech CS players go for the 302-303 (this is pretty cheap) or rarely the 402, but the G502 is just an overall better mouse.

If your primary concern isnt just playing CS but any other game then the G502 is perfect. You can program different macros into the mouse. It has 3 customizable onboard? profiles and the hyperscrolling is pretty useful but i hate the scroll wheel. Also the on the fly dpi switch helps me out a lot since i use two screens and i flip it on and off whenever i play csgo. Also the g-shift function of the sniper button is pretty dope. 

I also dont mind it being on the heavier side since my first mouse was the wireless mamba. I just couldnt justify the price of the EC2-A for its simplicity. There are other mice that use similar sensors. Razer synapse is absolute shit. The software for logitech is pretty spot on. My only issue is it cant be resized but its honestly not a big deal compared to synapse numerous crashing, having to have it start up each time your computer is on. Absolute shit softaware

Check out Rocket Jump Ninja on youtube for some really great mouse reviews. He's a veteran ex-pro quake player and tests out mice and gives pretty good reviews. Not just looking at the specs and opening a box but actually testing in game and comparing sensor quality, build quality and blah blah blah .Check him out. Pretty underrated channel 

Source:

I've tried both the G502 (i own it) and the EC2-A (my friends). 

The G502 is a good mouse. The main drawbacks are the weight and shape (and IMO aesthetics. It's a hideous looking "gamer" mouse). Having to use Logitech's shitty software isn't great either. It can be just as buggy to use as Synapse; I use a G602 at my office.  For gaming, especially fps, I find that anything over 100g is too much, YMMV. 

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |