School Blocking VPN

BlueNostromo
42 minutes ago, MagnesiumPC said:

The worst is a suspension....

No it isn't.

(Also, it is very rare for anything above K-12 to use LightSpeed Systems, considering thats what they focus on).

I've got caught by passing my schools filter 6 times and all I got was a 1 week suspension (vacation lol) and then I'm not allowed on school computers with out supervision 

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

10 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

I've got caught by passing my schools filter 6 times and all I got was a 1 week suspension (vacation lol) and then I'm not allowed on school computers with out supervision 

Then obviously you have a school thats more easy going.

I seen kids get a full suspension and then having to retake every single one of their classes for the year.

1 minute ago, MagnesiumPC said:

Then obviously you have a school thats more easy going.

I seen kids get a full suspension and then having to retake every single one of their classes for the year.

Well my school is in the top 5 for the state on grades, graduation % (98.7%) and safest school. So maybe they just know how to handle stuff better.

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Instead of bypassing your school's filters, focus on your education. You can't really put that you hacked your school's filters, but you can put that you graduated top of your class with all A's. Stop trying to bypass the filters and work hard to get those A's. 

10 minutes ago, PhoenixArising said:

Instead of bypassing your school's filters, focus on your education. You can't really put that you hacked your school's filters, but you can put that you graduated top of your class with all A's. Stop trying to bypass the filters and work hard to get those A's. 

Lel assuming High School grades mean anything. Other than getting ready to go to another school for four years. Hopefully not die, get a good degree, then hope to find someething in that degree, hopefully not have to run into the issue "Need experience"

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I would say that you should learn more networking and server related stuff and then learn how to tackle this issue yourself. The school will monitor active connections and block things you make too many connections that they can't identify. You will have to evaluate the way they run their network and understand and know what will defeat their protections.

Comb it with a brick

TOR is working fine which is okay for internet browsing, but I still cant play online games or use apps such as snapchat on my phone and whatnot. Does anyone know how to get around P2P blocking specifically? I was told no ports are blocked.

Do you have a newer Netgear or other branded router which has a built in VPN server?

If not, then you may have to set up pfsense on virtual machine so that you can use its built in VPN server.

Also is possible, test if you can use teamviewer to control your home PC.

If you can, you can run the openVPN server at home, and then remotely change the port used until you find one that works (had to do that to get it working at my college).

• 2 weeks later...

Getting suspension just for bypassing filter? WTF? That is modern version of what my mom got when she was at school. That was 30 years ago during Soviet occupation.

My school is pretty mild about this, while the filter is stupid and even blocks our schools website for some reason, they don't care. I use bootable USB (and planning to buy a better USB stick, since the one I am using has 10MB/s speeds) with Ubuntu and the teacher doesn't care. I could theoretically install clean Windows on the computers without a problem.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

On 2/25/2016 at 8:26 PM, BlueNostromo said:

If you don't want to help me then please leave. 

I get your point, but I also understand why he doesn't want to help you ruin your education prospects.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

On 2016-02-25 at 0:37 PM, drc00k3 said:

Try running javascript like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.location = "http://www.example.com/"
</script>

It works at my school but I'm not sure how effective it is.

Even though everyone else has said this, this is a terrible idea and you WILL get caught and they will suspend you which could put any future careers at risk. You can do things like snapchat and ebay at home and it is completely unnecessary at school. If you really need to get onto a website, just use your phone, the consequences will be nowhere near as bad. Edit: Also, as Jade said, this is a stupid idea, especially if you didn't figure it out yourself. Not fully understanding how it works will significantly increase your chances of getting caught.

This is no different than entering http://www.example.com/ in the url bar, it has nothing to do with vpn's/proxies/network blocks. 

On 2/25/2016 at 9:25 AM, MagnesiumPC said:

To take the small risk of your entire education being ruined?

What the hell has happened to people.

Agreed.  I want to succeed, and I don't bypass school filters.  

On 2/25/2016 at 9:31 AM, Jade said:

Do that on your own time when you're not in school. If you were meant to be doing those while at school, they wouldn't be blocked. Let me be very clear, I'm not some stingy IT person who doesn't want to do more work -- I evade the filters in place too, but not for the same reasons.

I don't, I don't need to everything is allowed except for Steam.  But that is only because people used to and sucked the internet dry.  So, in the end Schools should take the approach of  "the more you respect the rules, the more you get" 

On 2/25/2016 at 9:38 AM, MagnesiumPC said:

The worst is a suspension....

No it isn't.

(Also, it is very rare for anything above K-12 to use LightSpeed Systems, considering thats what they focus on).

A friend of mine, an old... friend of mine.  He got kicked out of School permanently for bypassing to too many times.  He is now smoking pot and cigarettes working at McDonalds...   

On 2/25/2016 at 10:51 AM, PhoenixArising said:

I never bypasses my school filters but at the same time.  I reported several vulnerabilities, they didn't listen.  And so I had to exploit them.  Nothing major, just full administrative access over school computers. 

On 2/26/2016 at 6:26 AM, BlueNostromo said:

TOR is working fine which is okay for internet browsing, but I still cant play online games or use apps such as snapchat on my phone and whatnot. Does anyone know how to get around P2P blocking specifically? I was told no ports are blocked.

I don't want to give you any ideas.  Sorry. 

10 minutes ago, Mike_The_B0ss said:

A friend of mine, an old... friend of mine.  He got kicked out of School permanently for bypassing to too many times.  He is now smoking pot and cigarettes working at McDonalds...

WTF? WTF? For this stupid thing? How can you agree with this?

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Honestly using Tor for some of your needs (not all) will be the best imo

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

On 07/03/2016 at 9:45 AM, WaxyMaxy said:

This is no different than entering http://www.example.com/ in the url bar, it has nothing to do with vpn's/proxies/network blocks. 

It works at my school so it could work at his. Although, I might have posted the wrong JavaScript.

3 hours ago, drc00k3 said:

It works at my school so it could work at his. Although, I might have posted the wrong JavaScript.

Its not up for debate. That is literally using JavaScript to navigate to a website.

Since you don't trust me, here is the documentation for window.location:

The window.location object can be used to get the current page address (URL) and to redirect the browser to a new page. 

Source: http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_window_location.asp

Its the exact same as clicking a link or typing a URL into the URL bar.

Beyond that, JavaScript isn't used for this type of problem.

JavaScript is client sided, It is isolated to your computer, you cant use JavaScript to alter your schools blocking software because the blocker is not running on your computer, it's running on the schools networking equipment.

On 2/25/2016 at 2:23 PM, BlueNostromo said:

Not interested in that. I don't think that wanting to use snapchat, ebay, and play some video games is very bad.

You might not think it's bad, but there's a reason that your school has services like that blocked. Schools are rather nervous about allowing miscellaneous traffic on their networks. It's a risk they don't want to take, since anything that happens by not observing that risk could lead to additional costs cleaning up whatever mess is created and additional restrictions. An unsecured device that accidentally visits a malicious website and the network could be compromised. Even though students will likely be isolated to a separate network from the teachers -- for obvious reasons -- it's still a risk of additional expense. Plus there's also the fact that the school provides the network for students to browse for education purposes, so they're going to do their best to restrict things for that purpose only. Another consideration is that they may be under mandate from government oversight agencies to have that filtering in place.

You might not think being able to "use snapchat, ebay, and play some video games" is bad, but people who know more than you about this have already made the determination that the filters are necessary. And if you attempt to bypass the filters, an audit will find it, and you'll be back where you are today, provided you haven't been specifically identified and disciplined, which could include everything from a suspension to a loss of networking privileges at the school.

If you don't like hearing that, then tough luck. You're the one who can leave. Instead of trying to break the rules or find others who will help you break the rules, how about obeying them and focusing on your education while at school instead of Snapchat, eBay, and video games.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

9 minutes ago, brandishwar said:

You might not think it's bad, but there's a reason that your school has services like that blocked. Schools are rather nervous about allowing miscellaneous traffic on their networks. It's a risk they don't want to take, since anything that happens by not observing that risk could lead to additional costs cleaning up whatever mess is created and additional restrictions. An unsecured device that accidentally visits a malicious website and the network could be compromised. Even though students will likely be isolated to a separate network from the teachers -- for obvious reasons -- it's still a risk of additional expense. Plus there's also the fact that the school provides the network for students to browse for education purposes, so they're going to do their best to restrict things for that purpose only. Another consideration is that they may be under mandate from government oversight agencies to have that filtering in place.

You might not think being able to "use snapchat, ebay, and play some video games" is bad, but people who know more than you about this have already made the determination that the filters are necessary. And if you attempt to bypass the filters, an audit will find it, and you'll be back where you are today, provided you haven't been specifically identified and disciplined, which could include everything from a suspension to a loss of networking privileges at the school.

If you don't like hearing that, then tough luck. You're the one who can leave. Instead of trying to break the rules or find others who will help you break the rules, how about obeying them and focusing on your education while at school instead of Snapchat, eBay, and video games.

im with you on that

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf. I know that there are things in this world that I do not know and that makes me wise!”

Spoiler

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Screeninator:  Asus GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB
Powermathingy: EVGA 500W
Stickaminator: Crucial 16GB 「4x4GB」DDR3-1600
Procrastinator: Intel i5-4460 3.2ghz
Holdametalicizor:  Corsair 200R 
Noisoundacreator:  Razer kracken pro
Attatchamajiggy :  Asrock H97 Anniversairy ATX LGA1150
Remembrerthing:  i've got a-lot of drives
Flat-Colorful-Thing:  LG not actually sure the model of it
See-A-Move-O: Razer Mamba 2012
ButtonBoard:  Razer Deathstalker 

11 hours ago, brandishwar said:

I understand the security part. Browsing habits of lot of people are terrible and the costs of clening it up are high. 

Filter is not mandatory, but the schools get some certification and higher funding if they have it.

I dislike filters on anything. While I had some good laughs (Christian site banned for hate, teen site banned for alcohol and tobbaco), I view them as a form of censorship. I believe that no matter how stupid, ridiculous or offensive something is, the person has a right to say it and you have a right to listen to it.

On 25. února 2016 at 10:51 PM, PhoenixArising said:

As for the education part? Really? Do you really think that the education system from the 18th century is working? Education is extremely important and that is why it bothers me. If I did exactly what you are telling him, that is focus all my energy on getting A's (which I still have btw, except czech and german where I have B's), I wouldn't be writing here, because I wouldn't discover my passion for computers and I wouldn't even have big enough vocabulary to write this or understand you. I know that marks are important, but the thing is, they don't represent anything. You get out of school with a paper with bunch of numbers, but if you don't do extra, you don't really have a lot of skill.

Spoiler

Retired:

6 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

I dislike filters on anything. While I had some good laughs (Christian site banned for hate, teen site banned for alcohol and tobbaco), I view them as a form of censorship. I believe that no matter how stupid, ridiculous or offensive something is, the person has a right to say it and you have a right to listen to it.

You have a right to access someone else's speech, yes, but you don't have a right to the venue that allows you to access it. You don't own the network connection that is allowing you to access that other person's speech. You are still a guest to their network, so they set the rules. You don't have a right to do whatever you please on someone else's network, just as you don't have a right to do whatever you please on someone else's property just because you've been invited or are otherwise authorized to be there.

But it's not censorship. The filters may be too aggressive in their configuration, but that's still not censorship. Having a right to be an audience to someone else's speech does not include a right to a specific avenue to take you to it. The school system isn't completely cutting off your ability to access that speech, so they are not censoring anything. If you have a phone with Internet access, that's an avenue you can take. If you also have a home Internet connection, that's another, provided your parents don't have any kind of filtering set up to prevent that access on their home network.

You also don't have a right to be on a specific site. LTT can ban you if you violate their rules. They can also configure their forum so that only members can view content, thus completely cutting you off from your ability to browse for information here. Are they censoring you if that happens? If you think that is censorship, a few courses in philosophy regarding rights and free speech would be worthwhile.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

21 hours ago, WaxyMaxy said:

Its not up for debate. That is literally using JavaScript to navigate to a website.

Since you don't trust me, here is the documentation for window.location:

Source: http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_window_location.asp

Its the exact same as clicking a link or typing a URL into the URL bar.

Beyond that, JavaScript isn't used for this type of problem.

JavaScript is client sided, It is isolated to your computer, you cant use JavaScript to alter your schools blocking software because the blocker is not running on your computer, it's running on the schools networking equipment.

Again, I'm not 100% sure it was that JavaScript, last time I tried it was in a script with 10+ possible methods in. The one that worked was done with JavaScript. I know it's client sided but I've seen it work so it was possible it worked somewhere else.

On 2/25/2016 at 8:03 AM, Ramamataz said:

Lel assuming High School grades mean anything. Other than getting ready to go to another school for four years. Hopefully not die, get a good degree, then hope to find someething in that degree, hopefully not have to run into the issue "Need experience"

You know what? If you showed that you had a pulse (lets face it, secondary education, heck even tertiary education, if you turn up to class and have a pulse you'll get good marks), You could get an internship, or even just grab an entry level position in the field your studying. Then after 3/4 years you already have the experience. 

On 25-2-2016 at 10:51 PM, PhoenixArising said:

Because out of all this text you did make up he wanted to use it in classes, so far i read he did not tell once he wanted to play Games while having a class.

Im assuming he wants to use it in his lunch breaks, which i can totally understand.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored