Display to HDMI?

Slayher

So, I recently just got my hands on the Game Capture HD 60 Pro capture card and I'm in a dilemma. I already have a Game Capture HD 60 that I swap between my PS4 and Xbox One, I wanted the HD 60 Pro to record PC gameplay for crisp recordings, however I own a 4K monitor. The capture card only has HDMI and I currently have a displayport going from my 4K monitor to my graphics card, is there such thing as a 4K 60hz Display Port --> 4K 60hz HDMI? I want to be able to use this capture card and have the ability to use my 4K capibility on my PC at the same time, if you know of one please link! The ones that I have seen are only 4K 30hz, I need 4K 60hz.

Or, is there another way to use this capture card while being able to use my PC in 4K? I don't want to use my PC on 1080p.

heresy

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

8 minutes ago, Slayher said:

So, I recently just got my hands on the Game Capture HD 60 Pro capture card and I'm in a dilemma. I already have a Game Capture HD 60 that I swap between my PS4 and Xbox One, I wanted the HD 60 Pro to record PC gameplay for crisp recordings, however I own a 4K monitor. The capture card only has HDMI and I currently have a displayport going from my 4K monitor to my graphics card, is there such thing as a 4K 60hz Display Port --> 4K 60hz HDMI? I want to be able to use this capture card and have the ability to use my 4K capibility on my PC at the same time, if you know of one please link! The ones that I have seen are only 4K 30hz, I need 4K 60hz.

Or, is there another way to use this capture card while being able to use my PC in 4K? I don't want to use my PC on 1080p.

or you could capture it with ur pc...

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

Just now, mitchelskater said:

Possible souloutions:

Does your graphics card have an HDMI Port?

If not- get an Adapter from DisplayPort to HDMI, I'm pretty sure it will stay at the 60Hz anyway.

The graphics card has an HDMI port, any adapter from DisplayPort to HDMI I see that it runs max at 4K 30Hz, not 4K 60Hz.

DisplayPort on current graphics cards will only support up to 4K 30Hz through HDMI adapters. To go above that you will need a signal converter from DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0, which will be around $80+.

I'm not really sure I get your situation fully. As I understand it, you have a 4K monitor, and your computer is connected to it via DisplayPort for 4K 60Hz. You also have an Xbox and PS4 hooked up to the same monitor via HDMI. In addition you have a capture card which the HDMI connection passes through, so the HDMI connection from your console is passed through the computer before going to the display.

Is this correct?

EDIT: Oh I see, you have a second capture card you want to use for PC; you run your display cable from your graphics card into the capture card, and then out to the display from there. In this case you will be limited to what the capture card supports, which sounds like HDMI 1.4a. If the capture card doesn't support HDMI 2.0 then there is no way to pass 4K 60Hz through it no matter what connection comes out of your graphics card.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

DisplayPort on current graphics cards will only support up to 4K 30Hz through HDMI adapters. To go above that you will need a signal converter from DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0, which will be around $80+.

I'm not really sure I get your situation fully. As I understand it, you have a 4K monitor, and your computer is connected to it via DisplayPort for 4K 60Hz. You also have an Xbox and PS4 hooked up to the same monitor via HDMI. In addition you have a capture card which the HDMI connection passes through, so the HDMI connection from your console is passed through the computer before going to the display.

Is this correct?

The main situation in a nutshell:

The capture card has only HDMI input and HDMI output.

My graphics card and monitor has Display Port and Display Port.

My monitor has 3 inputs: 1 of them is Display Port other 2 is HDMI.

Other 2 HDMI inputs are taken, the only input I have free on my monitor is the Display Port.

So I was wondering if there's a way I can get a DisplayPort --> HDMI so I can use the capture card with DisplayPort and be able to use the 4K res 60 hz on the monitor.

The capture card would be going to the PC, not the console.

I'm using the capture card to capture PC footage.

Just now, Slayher said:

The main situation in a nutshell:

The capture card has only HDMI input and HDMI output.

My graphics card and monitor has Display Port and Display Port.

My monitor has 3 inputs: 1 of them is Display Port other 2 is HDMI.

Other 2 HDMI inputs are taken, the only input I have free on my monitor is the Display Port.

So I was wondering if there's a way I can get a DisplayPort --> HDMI so I can use the capture card with DisplayPort and be able to use the 4K res 60 hz on the monitor.

I edited my post above.

Also, while DisplayPort output ports on your graphics card can output to DVI and HDMI with simple $5 adapters, DisplayPort input ports on monitors will only take a DisplayPort signal. Regardless of how everything else is set up, you will at least need a $60+ signal converter to even get HDMI from your capture card to DisplayPort on your monitor to work at all. Whether it will work at 4K 60Hz depends on the capture card and on the signal converter used between that and the display, but unless they both support HDMI 2.0 I don't see any way for you to get 4K 60Hz through your capture card, sorry :/

Just now, Glenwing said:

Anyway, it's all a moot point really, as I looked up the capture card and supports 1080p 60Hz at maximum.

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-pro

652e0095fd.jpg

I do understand that the capture card supports the maximum of 1080p60. I don't want to record in 4K, I just want to be able to use my monitor in 4K and capture in 1080p60. I hope this makes sense.

all the DP to HDMI 2.0 converters are hit and miss, most of the time they do not output 60Hz but only 30 even though they advertise 60

if you want crisp gameplay capture you should de native recording on the PC, not external or capture card

converting video to a digital signal and then back into video causes a lot of degradation

recording directly with software before the video is output to your display gives much higher quality footage

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Slayher said:

I do understand that the capture card supports the maximum of 1080p60. I don't want to record in 4K, I just want to be able to use my monitor in 4K and capture in 1080p60. I hope this makes sense.

oh

then why cant you just record with software on the PC and capture 1080p 60fps?

it will look better than with the capture card, and if you use something like shadowplay or some other software with H.264 encoding there will be almost no performance impact

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Slayher said:

I see. Well, I don't know if passing through the card will impose any limitations on that, but even if you can get 4K 60Hz HDMI through it, changing from DP to HDMI and then back to DP again is quite complicated.

Simple $5 DisplayPort to HDMI cables are limited to 4K 30Hz, and in addition will only work for going from DisplayPort to HDMI, not the reverse. The second run, from the capture card's HDMI to the monitor's DisplayPort, will not work at all with a simple adapter cable. If you want 4K 60Hz, you will need to use a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 signal converter between your graphics card and the capture card. After passing through the capture card, you would then need another converter, from HDMI 2.0 back to DisplayPort, between the capture card and the display. Signal converters are quite expensive and typically only work in one direction so these would need to be two different converters.

As suggested above, it would be a much better idea to use ShadowPlay for recording if you can.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I see. Well, I don't know if passing through the card will impose any limitations on that, but even if you can get 4K 60Hz HDMI through it, changing from DP to HDMI and then back to DP again is quite complicated.

Simple $5 DisplayPort to HDMI cables are limited to 4K 30Hz, and in addition will only work for going from DisplayPort to HDMI, not the reverse. The second run, from the capture card's HDMI to the monitor's DisplayPort, will not work at all with a simple adapter cable. If you want 4K 60Hz, you will need to use a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 signal converter between your graphics card and the capture card. After passing through the capture card, you would then need another converter, from HDMI 2.0 back to DisplayPort, between the capture card and the display. Signal converters are quite expensive and typically only work in one direction so these would need to be two different converters.

As suggested above, it would be a much better idea to use ShadowPlay for recording if you can.

Seems like you are right, I'll just use that HD 60 Pro for console capture or switch and use it when I get my 144Hz 1080p monitor in which uses HDMI.

I want to stream more than record, I know that ShadowPlay is the best but I just wanted the best stream quality as I can. Do you think you can check PM? Thank