my apu is running faster than advertised help!

Go to solution Solved by Sportiva,

No its perfectly fine, Its called turbo boost and the only way it could get damaged is if it gets too hot.

IS IT BAD FOR MY APU TO BE RUNNING @3.8 Mhz? 
i have not over clocked it yet but it goes way up too high. 
will this burn my APU?

woah.png

HERE YOU CAN SEE IT RUNNING @ 3.63 GHz
 is it bad or good? Do i need to buy a new CPU COOLER?

1 minute ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

IS IT BAD FOR MY APU TO BE RUNNING @3.8 Mhz? 
i have not over clocked it yet but it goes way up too high. 
will this burn my APU?

woah.png

HERE YOU CAN SEE IT RUNNING @ 3.63 GHz
 is it bad or good? Do i need to buy a new CPU COOLER?

Ghz is a measure of clock speed, not temperature.

Inadequate cooling will not cause frequency to rise (I wish)

As long as your temperatures are below 80 degrees Celsius you are FINE. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

No its perfectly fine, Its called turbo boost and the only way it could get damaged is if it gets too hot.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Um first of all, over clocking really isn't a bad thing and your not going to ruin your CPU unless you pump a ton of voltage into it, your computer will most likely just crash and you will have to restart it and bring the OC down, but secondly, I actually doubt your CPU is running above its turbo clock speed, Task Manager is NOTORIOUSLY INACCURATE when it comes to clock speed, I saw one where someone's Task Manager said their CPU was running at 22 GHz, if you want to be sure of your CPU's clock speed, download CPU-Z it's a far more accurate program then task manager

4 minutes ago, Sportiva said:

55 degrees?

Just now, HERO CODIZAL said:

55 degrees?

That is perfectly fine, i would only worry if any one core gets to 80c or above.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Just now, Jordaneer said:

Um first of all, over clocking really isn't a bad thing and your not going to ruin your CPU unless you pump a ton of voltage into it, your computer will most likely just crash and you will have to restart it and bring the OC down, but secondly, I actually doubt your CPU is running above its turbo clock speed, Task Manager is NOTORIOUSLY INACCURATE when it comes to clock speed, I saw one where someone's Task Manager said their CPU was running at 22 GHz, if you want to be sure of your CPU's clock speed, download CPU-Z it's a far more accurate program then task manager

CPU Z GIVES A HIGHER NUMBER SEE IMAGE ATTACHED

woah.png

woah.png

lolz.jpg

55 degrees?

Also your CPU will thermal throttle, which means it will slow itself down if it gets too hot, most CPUs will even shut themselves off if they get dangerously hot, 55c is a perfectly fine CPU temp.

1 minute ago, HERO CODIZAL said:

FFS you are perfectly fine there is nothing wrong at all with your processor it will not die faster just because it is going faster.