Expensive Fan!!

Manage My Cables

$27 in the US 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

What price are they retailing around the world? This is from ple in Australia?

Have you looked at other top fans? They cost around the same.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

That is too much to ask for a fan. I know that bequiet fans are "top fans" and they cost waaayy WAAAYYY less! There cant be that much of engineering and advertisement involved if everybody knows that noctua makes some of the best fans and the nf f12 have been around for years. 
I don't believe that they are "more inaudible"(i know there is no "more inaudible" and thats the point) than bequiets or any other silent fan that goes for a third of the price. . I don't even think they are as silent as many people make them out to be. 

Imma say it: noctua is selling the name and take a lot for it. *coughBEATScough*

wow... pretty empty here...

16 minutes ago, das affe said:

That is too much to ask for a fan. I know that bequiet fans are "top fans" and they cost waaayy WAAAYYY less! There cant be that much of engineering and advertisement involved if everybody knows that noctua makes some of the best fans and the nf f12 have been around for years. 
I don't believe that they are "more inaudible"(i know there is no "more inaudible" and thats the point) than bequiets or any other silent fan that goes for a third of the price. . I don't even think they are as silent as many people make them out to be. 

Imma say it: noctua is selling the name and take a lot for it. *coughBEATScough*

you cant compare noctua to beats. First off they do update there fans they just dont call them anything different. second the sound they give off is within less than a decibel of the sound of the be quiets while having a higher static pressure. noctua is more the sennheiser of the fan world yes they may have some cost acosiated with the name but they perform just as good if not better than the compitition. where as beats would be the flashy led radioshack fans that are 30 dollars

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

43 minutes ago, das affe said:

Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 pwm fans go for $35au..

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

you cant compare noctua to beats. First off they do update there fans they just dont call them anything different. second the sound they give off is within less than a decibel of the sound of the be quiets while having a higher static pressure. noctua is more the sennheiser of the fan world yes they may have some cost acosiated with the name but they perform just as good if not better than the compitition. where as beats would be the flashy led radioshack fans that are 30 dollars

Noctuas have no right to be 100% more expensive than the competition. That is completely out of proportion. do you really think they need to be that expensive or would you consider the possibility that they are that expensive because people who buy noctua will pay 10, 20, 30 and maybe even 40$ for a single fan just because they are made by noctua the ULTIMATE ANSWER TO AIRMOVEMENT and because they might create a little more pressure and have a smooth "sound signature" or whatever. 
I dont say noctua is bad or produces anything of less than excellent quality and performance but it is still just another fan and i cant imagine that every single fan requires dedication, blood, sweat and tears or special skills to be made by hand. It is probably produced in a factory and then goes to quality check like every other fan. most high end products (doesnt matter if chairs, cars, boats etc) that cost twice as much as the also highend competition are hand made, produced in very small quantities or need special materials. Things that make the production more expensive. Noctua fans are not made of titanium and carbonfiber, and do not need hours and hours of man-work to be produced.

2 minutes ago, das affe said:

Noctuas have no right to be 100% more expensive than the competition. That is completely out of proportion. do you really think they need to be that expensive or would you consider the possibility that they are that expensive because people who buy noctua will pay 10, 20, 30 and maybe even 40$ for a single fan just because they are made by noctua the ULTIMATE ANSWER TO AIRMOVEMENT and because they might create a little more pressure and have a smooth "sound signature" or whatever. 
I dont say noctua is bad or produces anything of less than excellent quality and performance but it is still just another fan and i cant imagine that every single fan requires dedication, blood, sweat and tears or special skills to be made by hand. It is probably produced in a factory and then goes to quality check like every other fan. most high end products (doesnt matter if chairs, cars, boats etc) that cost twice as much as the also highend competition are hand made, produced in very small quantities or need special materials. Things that make the production more expensive. Noctua fans are not made of titanium and carbonfiber, and do not need hours and hours of man-work to be produced.

actually from what i have seen noctua and bequite silent wings are price around the same with noctua being about 2 dollars more expensive. also your not factoring in research and development into the cost of the product noctua puts in a lot of r&d.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

10 minutes ago, vong said:

Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 pwm fans go for $35au..

ltt edition fans cost 26,90€-27,89€ while silent wings cost 17€ and shadow wings about 11€
normal nff12 cost 18-19€ while the industrials cost up to 30€ per fan. 
in Germany

Just now, Maybach123 said:

actually from what i have seen noctua and bequite silent wings are price around the same with noctua being about 2 dollars more expensive. also your not factoring in research and development into the cost of the product noctua puts in a lot of r&d.

I see, the prices differ a lot between our countries. 
I would believe that bequiet is putting a lot of effort and time into developement too. noctua from austria and bq from germany. you can expect that.
BeQuiet was just an example because thats what i'm using at the moment. could have said something completely different

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

ok wow... those exact purewings go for 7,24€ where i buy my stuff.
http://www.mindfactory.de/search_result.php?search_query=pure+wings&x=0&y=0
I think we can both see the problem. its just our countries. i have to sleep. its 2:20am and i have to get up early
have a nice day and sorry for the confusion

Just now, das affe said:

ok wow... those exact purewings go for 7,24€ where i buy my stuff.
http://www.mindfactory.de/search_result.php?search_query=pure+wings&x=0&y=0
I think we can both see the problem. its just our countries. i have to sleep. its 2:20am and i have to get up early
have a nice day and sorry for the confusion

no problem i had no idea the prices differed so much. sorry for adding to the confusion 

Just now, Maybach123 said:

no problem i had no idea the prices differed so much. sorry for adding to the confusion 

:D its alright 
have a nice evening or how late it may be where you are 

1 hour ago, Manage My Cables said:

What price are they retailing around the world? This is from ple in Australia?

Screenshot_2016-02-25-11-02-37.png

To conclude and solve this post: prices vary dramtically between countries and although these Fans cost olny 25-30% more than normal nf-f12 in germany it wich is ok for the small quantity they are probably produced in it heavily depends in the local market if they are priced competitively or not. (As we saw the purewings by bequiet are much cheaper here in germany(less than half in some cases) than in other countries and therefor much more affordable and competitive)