HP Elite x3 or LG G5 or Xperia X for my new Phone?

Johnmakuta

I have been waiting to get a new phone for quite sometime now. The main things I was waiting for were:

• USB type-c with quick charge (I had thought they would probably make a phone with Thunderbolt 3 at some point but that doesn't look like it will happen unless the next Zenfone does it)
  • QHD Display or 1080p if it had really good battery
  • good fingerprint scanner preferably rear mounted 
  • Really good camera both front and back
  • always on display (it isn't necessary but I though it was cool)
  • 4 GBs of ram
  • at least 32 GBs (NVMe Please) of onboard storage with MicroSD card slot 
  • Liquid cooling like the Lumia 950 xl 
  • Snapdragon 820 or Tegra X1 or higher
  • Removable battery is nice
  • and I especially wanted to try some mobile VR

keep in mind I have Verizon.

G5

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I will give LG a try. They really have interested me with the G5. I like the size of the phone and The removable battery is a plus. Does it have a micro sd slot?

7 minutes ago, Jstone said:

I will give LG a try. They really have interested me with the G5. I like the size of the phone and The removable battery is a plus. Does it have a micro sd slot?

Yes.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Im waiting for pricing in my area for the Elite X3, but if i do upgrade I'll probably see what Motorola, Oneplus and Nexus do with their next phones.

My Oneplus One is doing alright as it is.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have a note 4 which is nice but it is really lagging with my current work i need it to be faster. I am thinking about that elite x3 as well and having my note 4 as my apps phone

3 minutes ago, Jstone said:

I have a note 4 which is nice but it is really lagging with my current work i need it to be faster. I am thinking about that elite x3 as well and having my note 4 as my apps phone

I also have a note 4 and I have been getting annoyed with the lag 

Just now, Johnmakuta said:

I also have a note 4 and I have been getting annoyed with the lag 

its nice to know its not just me. I have gone through and deleted everything and moved it to the sd card yet it still is so now im looking at getting a widows phone due to how much I work with microsoft and the windows environment and just keeping the note around to play games on. What do you think?

13 minutes ago, Jstone said:

its nice to know its not just me. I have gone through and deleted everything and moved it to the sd card yet it still is so now im looking at getting a widows phone due to how much I work with microsoft and the windows environment and just keeping the note around to play games on. What do you think?

Root it and flash a stock android rom or CM. My old HTC Sensation is still kicking due to awesome developer support on xda.

52 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I have been waiting to get a new phone for quite sometime now. The main things I was waiting for were:

• USB type-c with quick charge (I had thought they would probably make a phone with Thunderbolt 3 at some point but that doesn't look like it will happen unless the next Zenfone does it)
  • QHD Display or 1080p if it had really good battery
  • good fingerprint scanner preferably rear mounted 
  • Really good camera both front and back
  • always on display (it isn't necessary but I though it was cool)
  • 4 GBs of ram
  • at least 32 GBs (NVMe Please) of onboard storage with MicroSD card slot 
  • Liquid cooling like the Lumia 950 xl 
  • Snapdragon 820 or Tegra X1 or higher
  • Removable battery is nice
  • and I especially wanted to try some mobile VR

keep in mind I have Verizon.

Honestly I was really looking forward to the G5 being released.

But it doesn't have wireless charging... Pretty much a deal breaker for me :(

Other than that though, the G5 looks like a kick ass phone. 

People opinions on the looks are pretty divided though. :D

Verizon and Windows Phone has never gone well together. The camera of the Lumia 950 / 950 XL is better than the HP phone., and most likely LG G5 as well. In any case, Windows 10 Mobile is a phone for specific people. If you are not part already of Microsoft ecosystem, this phone OS will be hell for you. If you care about apps, then this phone is not for you.

Windows Phone is a phone I recommend but don't recommend. It is, so far, a niche market phone. And yes I have a Lumia 950 XL, and I like it a lot. But I don't think the majority of people here would.

You don't need 4GB, or even 3GB on Win10 Mobile. Heck you would wish it uses more RAM. The OS is very well optimized for low-med end range phones.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Verizon and Windows Phone has never gone well together. The camera of the Lumia 950 / 950 XL is better than the HP phone., and most likely LG G5 as well. In any case, Windows 10 Mobile is a phone for specific people. If you are not part already of Microsoft ecosystem, this phone OS will be hell for you. If you care about apps, then this phone is not for you.

Windows Phone is a phone I recommend but don't recommend. It is, so far, a niche market phone. And yes I have a Lumia 950 XL, and I like it a lot. But I don't think the majority of people here would.

I have a Lumia 720 as my daily driver. Have done for about a year now.

I like the WP OS, but you're right: "If you care about apps, then this phone is not for you."

54 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Root it and flash a stock android rom or CM. My old HTC Sensation is still kicking due to awesome developer support on xda.

Flashing ROMs on Verizon phones is nearly impossible.

48 minutes ago, OPSJono said:

Honestly I was really looking forward to the G5 being released.

But it doesn't have wireless charging... Pretty much a deal breaker for me :(

Other than that though, the G5 looks like a kick ass phone. 

People opinions on the looks are pretty divided though. :D

Oh wow, without wireless charging that is a difficult choice. I have a wireless charger for my Note 4 and I love it.

21 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

Oh wow, without wireless charging that is a difficult choice. I have a wireless charger for my Note 4 and I love it.

Yeah, I love Wireless Charging now that I've had for about a year. 

I don't think I can switch to a phone that doesn't have it!