new pc from 1200 till 1400

La Jake

i'm planning to build a new pc for around 1300$. What do you think of my part that i choose ? maybe there is a better pc parts for that price?

IMG_2413.PNG

IMG_2414.PNG

IMG_2415.PNG

seems good to me. What do you plan on running for os? Windows or Linux?

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

If you feel up for it, you can get the OEM version from kinguin for like 20 bucks. (compared to 120) However, you won't be able to contact microsoft support. But that's why we're here.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

For the price of that air cooler, I would just grab an AIO water cooler.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I would probably replace the SSD with something like an ADATA SP550, Crucial BX100/200 / MX100/200 or Samsung 850 Evo.

Just now, La Jake said:

maybe i don't , know should i?

Well if you aren't planning on overclocking seriously why not just go for the tried and tested hyper 212 evo. And looks wise i find that the v8 looks a bit bulky in a case.

Also this:

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Just now, La Jake said:

maybe i don't , know should i?

Click the little arrow under peoples responses to "quote" them.  It lets people know you are talking to them and gives them a notification.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

yeh but i have heard that water coolers might drip.

Just now, Senzelian said:

I would probably replace the SSD with something like an ADATA SP550, Crucial BX100/200 / MX100/200 or Samsung 850 Evo.

To add on, the v300's had their controller swapped after the reviews were out, so they're kind of sshite for performance.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 minute ago, La Jake said:

AIO water coolers hardly ever drip, and Corsair has excellent build quality.

Just now, La Jake said:

If you get a decent AIO watercooler from a reputable company, there's very low chance that it will leak. Even if it does leak, fluid can be non conductive for most of the coolers lifespan.  If that's not enough insurance, I'm pretty sure certain companies offer to replace your parts up to a certain value if their product causes any damage.

so basically i should just change ssd and the cooler right???

The v300s don't have the same controller as the review samples, so their performance is decidedly lackluster compared to what was advertised.

I'd recommend the Crucial BX200 or Sandisk Ultra alternatives, which tend to be more reliable and perhaps faster still while costing very little extra. If you have the money, though, try and put it towards a Samsung 850 EVO, and I hear the new 750 EVO drives are cheaper still without compromising too much on performance.

1 minute ago, La Jake said:

so basically i should just change ssd and the cooler right???

Well if you want to match up your colour scheme i'd take a look at other graphics cards such as the xfx DD/gigabyte as they are both completely black/grey and would go better with that mobo. Alternatively you could go with a different mobo but it's up to you!

Also nice choice of monitor, i have 2 myself and they're great!

14 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

For the price of that air cooler, I would grab a D15 :P 

one more thing is r9 390x really better than gtx 970?

Just now, JoeyDM said:

For the price of that air cooler, I would grab a D15 :P 

Also a good alternative...Though if I bought it I would have to pay another 30$ to replace Noctua's ugly ass fans.