1 dead pixel one green pixel on 5 year old samsung 20"

Soumyangel

should i get a new one or continue using it?? are u guys cool with one or two dead pixels?? or totally sceptical about it?

i7 4790,zotac nvidia gtx 960,16 gb ddr 3 corsair vengeance,cm b600 v2,gigabyte h97md3h,2tb seagate+2tb wd,samsung 20",asus xonar dg + 5.1 creative,sennheiser hd202,cooler master elite 311,apc rs 1000g,logitech c270,xbox 360 controller for windows and d link wifi router..

Can you afford new? Do you want new?

Dead pixels don't impact performance, just annoying. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

i dont wanna buy new am asking about the opinion of you guys...u guys tolerant of dead pixels?

i7 4790,zotac nvidia gtx 960,16 gb ddr 3 corsair vengeance,cm b600 v2,gigabyte h97md3h,2tb seagate+2tb wd,samsung 20",asus xonar dg + 5.1 creative,sennheiser hd202,cooler master elite 311,apc rs 1000g,logitech c270,xbox 360 controller for windows and d link wifi router..

keep using it unless you have a reason to upgrade. My laptop has 2 or 3 dead pixels after 4+ years of use. can sometimes be annoying but it doesn't prevent me from using the machine. 

As for the stuck pixel, have you tried running one of the tests similar to this one in fullscreen mode?

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

My kids at some point a few years ago threw a toy or something at my screen, there's a little crack, or chip, or something in it now a few pixels wide.  It bugged me for a long time but I don't even notice it now.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

yes i tried ud pixels and jscreen fixer...am sure of those two pixels of what they are...i also usd to have a 4 year old lapy with 3 4 dead pixels...usd to use it though...i know this sounds weird but i will be frank i want the opinion of u guys like are u guys alos working with dead pixels?? :D

1 minute ago, givegomezthegun said:

My kids at some point a few years ago threw a toy or something at my screen, there's a little crack, or chip, or something in it now a few pixels wide.  It bugged me for a long time but I don't even notice it now.

what type of screen du have? laptop? pc? 

New monitor with dead pixels not ok. Especially if they are in the center of the work-space. Five year old monitor with dead pixels...wear and tear...not going to worry about it unless they are in a large cluster and it interferes with my work. For example, my laptop with the dead pixels only gets to be a problem if I am doing photo editing and working with really fine detail....I might have to move the photo to another part of the screen to avoid those dead spots. Or plug into a better monitor for that work. 

Ultimately, dead pixels are a fact of life on many devices...many manufacturers also state that 5 or less dead / stuck pixels isn't even a warranty worthy defect (although again in the center of the screen it's going back).

Rs9kJ2D.jpg

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

1 minute ago, Papakuma said:

New monitor with dead pixels not ok. Especially if they are in the center of the work-space. Five year old monitor with dead pixels...wear and tear...not going to worry about it unless they are in a large cluster and it interferes with my work. For example, my laptop with the dead pixels only gets to be a problem if I am doing photo editing and working with really fine detail....I might have to move the photo to another part of the screen to avoid those dead spots. Or plug into a better monitor for that work. 

Ultimately, dead pixels are a fact of life on many devices...many manufacturers also state that 5 or less dead / stuck pixels isn't even a warranty worthy defect (although again in the center of the screen it's going back).

Rs9kJ2D.jpg

dude that is lololo :D actually i have a 5 year old display...running vga on gtx 960 and i7 4790...so u can imagine :D

3 hours ago, Soumyangel said:

what type of screen du have? laptop? pc? 

I use a 24" 1080p toshiba tv as my screen.  I got it for free as part of a promotion when I bought a laptop like 5 years ago and it suits my needs for my pc just fine.. for now.

my work in progress

custom water loop

Just now, givegomezthegun said:

I use a 24" 1080p toshiba tv as my screen.  I got it for free as part of a promotion when I bought a laptop like 5 years ago and it suits my needs for my pc just fine.. for now.

o ok i guess u guys are cool with dead pixels....(sighs in content)

2 hours ago, Soumyangel said:

o ok i guess u guys are cool with dead pixels....(sighs in content)

It took me a while to come around.. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes don't work as good anymore.. but.. for whatever reason it doesn't bother me any more.. I can't say I would still feel the same should more appear.. 

my work in progress

custom water loop

Just now, givegomezthegun said:

It took me a while to come around.. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes don't work as good anymore.. but.. for whatever reason it doesn't bother me any more.. I can't say I would still feel the same should more appear.. 

i c i c...

I've been very lucky, and have never had a monitor with a dead pixel, and my laptop is around 5 years old and other screens in the house are even older.  I don't think I would be able to stand it unless it was a black dead one right along the very edge.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've been very lucky, and have never had a monitor with a dead pixel, and my laptop is around 5 years old and other screens in the house are even older.  I don't think I would be able to stand it unless it was a black dead one right along the very edge.

good for you..touch wood...

4 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

how do u update your system status so that it shows underneath ur comments?

If you don't want to replace it, don't replace it.

If you can't replace it, don't replace it.

If you want to replace it, replace it.

If you need to replace it, replace it.

Personally, I don't have an opinion one way or another because I live by the above rules. If a pixel dies and I want to replace it then I'll replace it. My kid took a screwdriver to the screen of my 3+ year old 27" monitor and I still use it because I don't want to replace it yet.

-KuJoe

Just now, KuJoe said:

If you don't want to replace it, don't replace it.

If you can't replace it, don't replace it.

If you want to replace it, replace it.

If you need to replace it, replace it.

Personally, I don't have an opinion one way or another because I live by the above rules. If a pixel dies and I want to replace it then I'll replace it. My kid took a screwdriver to my 3+ year old 27" monitor and I still use it because I don't want to replace it yet.

hmmm 

3 hours ago, Soumyangel said:

how do u update your system status so that it shows underneath ur comments?

You can set your 'signature' through your account settings.

my work in progress

custom water loop

1 minute ago, givegomezthegun said:

You can set your 'signature' through your account settings.

ok