Which 360 should I get

epicpants

I have thought about getting a 360 for a long time and am waiting for the GameStop (EB) in the city center to reopen to see if there are better offers than I could get from the 3 others in Frankfurt. Well at the moment there are some decent offers like a Xbox 360 s (used) with 4gb and no controller is just 50€ and I already have a xbox controller form my pc so thats no cut off at the deal. Or there are still left overs from the xbox360 e 500 gb (new) (black +cod bo2 dl-key +cod ghosts) edition which would set me back 200€. I can see that this is not the go to deal cuz a one is only 250€ without kinect and controller and there are no games coming for the 360 except maybe FIFA and NHL but I want to play games I doubt will ever be available on comptabilty for the one because some of these licenses aren't anymore available or some companies just do not exist anymore. 

So therefore which 360 should i get the e or the s?

Edited by epicpants
Visual appearance

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Try getting a used 60/120GB Xbox 360.

I know the feels, my xbox 360 (both) have a 60gb hard drive, i have to use one drive for rock band only, because i have so much dlc for it

8 minutes ago, epicpants said:

I have thought about getting a 360 for a long time and am waiting for the GameStop (EB) in the city center to reopen to see if there are better offers than I could get from the 3 others in Frankfurt. Well at the moment there are some decent offers like a Xbox 360 s (used) with 4gb and no controller is just 50€ and I already have a xbox controller form my pc so thats no cut off at the deal. Or there are still left overs from the xbox360 e 500 gb (new) (black +cod bo2 dl-key +cod ghosts) edition which would set me back 200€. I can see that this is not the go to deal cuz a one is only 250€ without kinect and controller and there are no games coming for the 360 except maybe FIFA and NHL but I want to play games I doubt will ever be available on comptabilty for the one because some of these licenses aren't anymore available or some companies just do not exist anymore. 

So therefore which 360 should i get the e or the s?

the games you wanna play work on all of them, unless you wanna play some old xbox games at which point it still doesnt make a difference in which system you wanna play, because they all run the same firmware, the only difference is a hardware specs

No offense, but why is there even a console gaming thing on linustechtips?

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo

8 minutes ago, jascraft123 said:

Because why not?

Just now, theanimun said:

Because why not?

Well, because consoles are kind of the butt of nearly every joke made on the channel.

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo

9 minutes ago, jascraft123 said:

Well, because consoles are kind of the butt of nearly every joke made on the channel.

Besides this is off-topic

Don't bother with the 4gb model, unless you somehow find a deal on a hard drive to put in it. You'll barely have space for one game installed. And unlike the PS3 you can't just stick in any 2.5" willy-nilly.

3 hours ago, jascraft123 said:

Because that´d be just like racism if it wasn´t. Also, because Nintendo is still a company.

1 hour ago, thevicparable said:

Don't bother with the 4gb model, unless you somehow find a deal on a hard drive to put in it. You'll barely have space for one game installed. And unlike the PS3 you can't just stick in any 2.5" willy-nilly.

Any 1.5 will do perfectly fine for the 4gb model, as long is its formated thru the console itself, and i think a 2.5 is too big for the hard drive enclosure anyways, and no SSDs either

As for installing games, its not required to install them on a xbox to play them unlike a ps3, the only benefit on a 360 is that if your disk gets scratched you will only need the disc to boot up the installed game 

7 hours ago, jascraft123 said:

because Steam is shit.

on related topic. go for a Slim model, for the advantage of built-in wifi. a 120GB model should be plenty, unless you have XBL Gold and take advantage of the "free" Games with Gold every month.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

19 hours ago, jascraft123 said:

Because there are a view games are not available for the best platform of all times PC

17 hours ago, thevicparable said:

USB thumb drives are super cheap and you can use now USB ssds or HDDs up to 2tb, you may later on use them for a PC which is kind of an advantage. And I happily will take the longer loading times if I can later repurpose a part of something

16 hours ago, theanimun said:

Any 1.5 will do perfectly fine for the 4gb model, as long is its formated thru the console itself, and i think a 2.5 is too big for the hard drive enclosure anyways, and no SSDs either

As for installing games, its not required to install them on a xbox to play them unlike a ps3, the only benefit on a 360 is that if your disk gets scratched you will only need the disc to boot up the installed game 

So it's like that shity secure ROM? 

So far thanks to everyone giving their opinion and shared their info with me. It's more than appreciate.

12 hours ago, branden_lucero said:

because Steam is shit.

on related topic. go for a Slim model, for the advantage of built-in wifi. a 120GB model should be plenty, unless you have XBL Gold and take advantage of the "free" Games with Gold every month.

nice troll

Just now, SnappingTurtle said:

nice troll

or not? i'd rather use GOG over Steam any day. Steam is the diarrhea of digital distribution, even more so than Uplay and Origin. its pretty pathetic when Origin has better customer service, and for that matter actual, helpful LIVE chat.

Just now, branden_lucero said:

or not? i'd rather use GOG over Steam any day. Steam is the diarrhea of digital distribution, even more so than Uplay and Origin. its pretty pathetic when Origin has better customer service, and for that matter actual, helpful LIVE chat.

kk i am ignoring your bullshit claims, console pleb.

3 minutes ago, SnappingTurtle said:

kk i am ignoring your bullshit claims, console pleb.

go ahead. as long as i'm not riding the dick train of Gaben, then all is good. 

Just now, branden_lucero said:

go ahead. as long as i'm not riding the dick train of Gaben, then all is good. 

i wanted to ignore you but i cant because of the shit you are saying to me now.  there is no "dick train" idiot.