IS IT ENOUGH?

BLACLLISTER01

HEY GUYS...WELL ITS MY FIRST POST SO SORRY FOR MISSLEADINGS...WELL...THE POINT IS THAT I WANT TO UPGRADE MY GEFORCE 310 TO AN 750 TI....AND MY I3 540 TO AN FX-6300 ...RIGHT NOW I HAVE A 300 WATTS POWER SUPPLY ...I WAS WONDERING....SHOULD I BUY AN 400W PSU OR AN 500 W PSU....

ACTUALLY I ALREADY SEARCHED FOR A MODEL AND I CAME ACROSS THIS ONE...

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B00LV8TZAG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3BWELMBWVCY9T

Turn off caps lock and you should go with the 500W.

400W is okay but 500W is just more room.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Do not go with an FX6300 cpu if you want to game. It will bottleneck.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?? :(;)

Try and get the best model/brand you can afford, please read these threads, some people went to a lot of effort to help people with PSU's

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

two things:

first, theres this button to the left calle caps lock, theres a reason its there, turn it off.

second: can you give a detailed listing of all your components? its probably gonna end up at the 520 watt seasonic IMO, but i kinda dont like recommending anything if i dont know the full system specs.

also, my system (listed on profile) pulls under 300 wats with full load on every component, so if you have a good quality psu now you should be well within limits.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Do not go with an FX6300 cpu if you want to game. It will bottleneck.

Yeah, cause it's totally going to bottleneck a 750 TI, smh @ u

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Just now, Bit8xPr0 said:

Yeah, cause it's totally going to bottleneck a 750 TI, smh @ u

It's an underperforming CPU regardless of the GPU. If he plays any kind modern triple A title, it's going to crap out.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

It's an underperforming CPU regardless of the GPU. If he plays any kind modern triple A title, it's going to crap out.

No, it's a CPU that performs with its budget. Any modern triple A title most likely has Multi-Core support so compared to older Triple A titles it will perform better. Now if he was playing ARMA that's a different story.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

No, it's a CPU that performs with its budget. Any modern triple A title most likely has Multi-Core support so compared to older Triple A titles it will perform better. Now if he was playing ARMA that's a different story.

Or if he's playing something like Fallout 4. Where even if he had a Titan X GPU, his low/average FPS will be around 23.0/48.4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-best-pc-hardware-for-fallout-4-4023 That's if he wants 1080p, ultra settings.

Although the 750ti will probably get the same results

13 minutes ago, BLACLLISTER01 said:

HEY GUYS...WELL ITS MY FIRST POST SO SORRY FOR MISSLEADINGS...WELL...THE POINT IS THAT I WANT TO UPGRADE MY GEFORCE 310 TO AN 750 TI....AND MY I3 540 TO AN FX-6300 ...RIGHT NOW I HAVE A 300 WATTS POWER SUPPLY ...I WAS WONDERING....SHOULD I BUY AN 400W PSU OR AN 500 W PSU....

ACTUALLY I ALREADY SEARCHED FOR A MODEL AND I CAME ACROSS THIS ONE...

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B00LV8TZAG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3BWELMBWVCY9T

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST CHECKING OUT THE PSU WHITELIST IN MY SIGNATURE FOR SOME HELP

300W IS PLENTY FOR A 6300 AND 750TI BUT WHAT PSU DO YOU HAVE AS YOURS IS LIKELY NOT VERY GOOD AT THAT WATTAGE

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Or if he's playing something like Fallout 4. Where even if he had a Titan X GPU, his low/average FPS will be around 23.0/48.4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-best-pc-hardware-for-fallout-4-4023 That's if he wants 1080p, ultra settings.

Although the 750ti will probably get the same results

If you have a better Intel CPU to recommend to him for the same price range by all means. His computer's obviously budget as he's purchasing a 750 TI as an "Upgrade"

3 minutes ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

If you have a better Intel CPU to recommend to him for the same price range by all means. His computer's obviously budget as he's purchasing a 750 TI as an "Upgrade"

My suggestion would be to put up with the current system for a bit longer, save his money, and get something that's actually a good value for the money down the road. Something that will actually last a decent while. Not spend what little he has on a CPU that's already a few years obsolete.

Granted, we don't know what he plans to do with the system because he didn't tell us.