Most comfortable headphones?

Johnmakuta

What headphones will suit my big head, big ears, and big appetite for long stretches of listening to audio without my head feeling like my heads in a clamp.

Sennheiser HD598. The initial clamp to your head isn't like death breaking like other headphones where you have to break them in, in order for it to feel completely comfortable. 

The SHP9500 are the most comfortable for long term use because the fabric on the ear cuffs retain the least amount of heat compared to any other headphone I use.  They can adjust to that they are oversized for my larger than average head.  Something my Clouds can't do (they just barely fit).

The most comfortable short term is the AD500x (and by extension any in the ADx line).  The retain only slightly more heat than the SHP9500 and have slightly less clamping pressure.  This is because some of the clamping force is distributed to the Xwing doohickies.  Some can't stand the Xwind design but I really like it.  I wonder if has anything to do with my short hair, not quite shaved head but close.

Another thing is the 500x fits more secure.  Meaning if I wanted to ever go jogging with them that wouldn't be a problem (other than looking ridiculous).  But for sitting at a desk that's a non-factor, or even doing household chores (which because of the detachable cable I can use the SHP9500 as bluetooth headphones with a cheap module).

Stock? NVX XPT100, those HM5 pads are fantastic. Or anything with AlphaPads really, lol.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

4 hours ago, sobe said:

Stock? NVX XPT100, those HM5 pads are fantastic. Or anything with AlphaPads really, lol.

I find the xpt100 has too much clamping pressure

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

AKG k612pro/702/712pro

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, MashiroShiina said:

Don't hate pls - Beats are comfortable but SOUND LIKE SHIT.

Why should we hate one that? 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

16 hours ago, tomoki said:

Sennheiser HD598. The initial clamp to your head isn't like death breaking like other headphones where you have to break them in, in order for it to feel completely comfortable. 

3 hours ago, Woahduds said:

anything between sennheiser 558 and 598

Have to agree with these two guys, although I will say Sennheiser HD 419, 429, and 439 are all very comfortable as well if you're looking for cheaper options.

I'll probably never switch to another brand because Sennheiser is extremely comfortable paired with premium audio quality. You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser.

EDIT: For those of you who don't realize it...Dackzy... This is an OPINION of mine. I personally disagree with anybody who says the nicer Sennheiser headphones are uncomfortable. Even the $45 ones are extremely comfortable, and it's more often than not that the things they come up with are comfortable.

Just now, CorgiParade said:

Have to agree with these two guys, although I will say Sennheiser HD 419, 429, and 439 are all very comfortable as well if you're looking for cheaper options.

I'll probably never switch to another brand because Sennheiser is extremely comfortable paired with premium audio quality. You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser.

You have not tried many headphones have you?

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I actually have. Sennheiser is my personal favorite. Their headphones are comfortable, which is what OP was asking for. They also sound quite nice.

BOSE probably comes in second in my eyes, but I won't change what I said because you decide to be an ass.

1 minute ago, CorgiParade said:

I actually have. Sennheiser is my personal favorite. Their headphones are comfortable, which is what OP was asking for. They also sound quite nice.

BOSE probably comes in second in my eyes, but I won't change what I said because you decide to be an ass.

How am I an ass? 

PS. The sound is 100% preference 

Just now, Dackzy said:

How am I an ass? 

I don't really think I need to explain why honestly. I'm sure you can see it.

6 minutes ago, CorgiParade said:

I don't really think I need to explain why honestly. I'm sure you can see it.

This is 100% lie. sound signature is a preference so yeah you can go so wrong with sennheiser and when you let staments like that out you make people like me who knows a lot about headphones think that you have not tried that many headphones. Sennheiser has many comfortable headphones but they also have many uncomfortable ones.

Ps. I am not an ass for saying that I am questioning your knowledge abut the statement you just put out.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

This is 100% lie. sound signature is a preference so yeah you can go so wrong with sennheiser and when you let staments like that out you make people like me who knows a lot about headphones think that you have not tried that many headphones. Sennheiser has many comfortable headphones but they also have many uncomfortable ones.

Of course they have made uncomfortable headphones. Any of their decent ones are extremely comfortable to wear, which is what I was getting at. You don't seem to understand that I was expressing my opinion, either, which I find funny.

Just now, CorgiParade said:

Of course they have made uncomfortable headphones. Any of their decent ones are extremely comfortable to wear, which is what I was getting at. You don't seem to understand that I was expressing my opinion, either, which I find funny.

Why do you say this: You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser. you should say what kind of sound signature they have instead of saying You can't go wrong with Sennheiser. Ofcause you are allowed to have opindions about things but when you recomend something and just say that you can't go wrong with Sennheiser then you don't really help OP, since that is a preference you should have said that sennheiser makes great headphones, for people that like a headphone that is more focused on the highs and not so much on the bass (this is a generalization of sennheiser headphones, they are not all like that) Many of sennheiser headphones also have a higher than average clamp force.

Just now, Dackzy said:

Why do you say this: You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser. you should say what kind of sound signature they have instead of saying You can't go wrong with Sennheiser. Ofcause you are allowed to have opindions about things but when you recomend something and just say that you can't go wrong with Sennheiser then you don't really help OP, since that is a preference you should have said that sennheiser makes great headphones, for people that like a headphone that is more focused on the highs and not so much on the bass (this is a generalization of sennheiser headphones, they are not all like that) Many of sennheiser headphones also have a higher than average clamp force.

LOL, yeah, the thing is, you can't help anybody with this kind of thing without expressing your opinion.

Also, we're humans.

Last thing I have to say to you.

1 minute ago, CorgiParade said:

LOL, yeah, the thing is, you can't help anybody with this kind of thing without expressing your opinion.

Also, we're humans.

Last thing I have to say to you.

Just say the sound signature next time if you are going to let statements like that out.

I am have no problem with anyone letting their opinion out just say why, you need to put a argument out for your opinion.