asking Linus or Slick for a active folding machine?

1uyq.jpg

Now the linustechtips team is going strong, i would ask Slick or Linus to setup a folding machine in there office? to donate a litle more points to the group? I know this is asking allot but the other teams like tekzilla, Evga,even magazines and others have a active team folding machine in there office. even if its just one machine i would be thrilled that linus donate's one machine. i know slick is active in boinc.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Great idea. Slick boincs so Linus should fold :)

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

They have all that stuff just lying around xD

They could probably make a rack or something with a ton of PCs on it.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Would be a great idea! But it would add to the electricity bill for them, must be a bit as it is running all that hardware they have  :P But would be great to see none the less!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Would be a great idea! But it would add to the electricity bill for them, must be a bit as it is running all that hardware they have  :P But would be great to see none the less!

Not sure why that video starts from different time that my link is for.... Doing some testing naow...

Well its close enough... Starts from 34m 49sec.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Linus may be a folder for the NCIX team.

I think I may have heard him say he put folding @ home on his parents computer or something.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I don't think this is in tune with the whole f@h mindset. the whole point is you generously give your pc power to stanford to maybe speed up their research. it's like volunteering in a homeless kitchen. sort of.

asking them to put one of their machines to work is like pressuring them into something only people from the team would like to happen.

I'm sure Linus is more than aware of the team and if he ever wanted to fold, he would join his own team. 

on a side note OP, you still didn't answer where did you get the info that my pci-e slot will burn if I have both nvidia and amd card in my pc. numerous people have quoted your post and want a source. if you don't have any info or source, post that instead.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe0FhacqEj0&feature=youtu.be&t=34m49s

Not sure why that video starts from different time that my link is for.... Doing some testing naow...

Well its close enough... Starts from 34m 49sec.

Ohhhh haha! My point is invalid :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I used to fold actively and I think it's fantastic, but there are a few reasons that I'm not active right now, not the least of which is the unbearable temperature in my computer room (with the PCs off) due to it being in the west side of my house.

I used to fold actively and I think it's fantastic, but there are a few reasons that I'm not active right now, not the least of which is the unbearable temperature in my computer room (with the PCs off) due to it being in the west side of my house.

The temperatures yes, completely forgot about them :P I would love to fold but electricity in the UK is expensive. Keeping it running 100% 24/7 will rack up the bill.

Brace your folding rig(s) Linus.

3537xx.jpg

And I know Slick's Boinc units are his personal rig at home - not any gear in the office. Knowing what they do, as I do much the same, many of the systems are never together very long anyways. They are constantly tearing things apart and swapping to run all sorts of tests, build guides, etc. Trust me, me getting my GPU systems running is hard enough. One is down right now while I was testing some other things and my 780...

The LTT Folding and Boinc teams are something we, the community, can do to help represent Linus out there. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99