I need some bottleneck advice

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Thanks... now how do you measure this?

You can't exactly "measure" it. You can fire up a program and see your cpu and gpu usage, if for example your gpu is at 50% and cpu is at 100% it means that the cpu is the bottleneck. I have done this and i had no bottleneck but that doesn't have to mean that there is none :D

1 minute ago, Philcat101 said:

There are measures units of bottlenecking? Like compute ratios or something?

It doesn't matter. He is just asking if he has any.

Please stop being mean, we are supposed to welcome users, not bash them.

Just now, Vivilacqua1 said:

you can't. You just have to judge it based on the components of the build.

You can still measure a bottleneck by swapping parts with higher/lower end parts to see if (especially for gaming) if your computer's performance isn't as good. But if you don't have spare parts lying around to swap out with you really can't measure anything. 

I guess some things like SSD's you can tell if they are being bottlenecked by finding out the badnwidth speed at which the SATA port you have it plugged into on your MBO operates. So I guess you can tell if you have some system bottlenecks without swapping hardware, but especially for games and framerates/texture qualities you just have to have better parts lying around to compare against.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Just now, Pearsonia said:

It's very simple, google it.

OP, hope your question has been answered!

Funny thing... we can't definitively answer his question.

...or maybe use the PC with various applications to test for performance limits?

Please show me a bottleneck benchmark (website or video) that provides relevant data to this thread.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

2 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

It's very simple, google it.

OP, hope your question has been answered!

It was, and very fast! I really love the community here and i will try to help out other users with the knowledge i have!

1 minute ago, Philcat101 said:

It doesn't even matter how it is measured, as in this case the OP is just asking if he has any at all.

If you want to know for sure, post your own thread about it and stop being satirical, and ruining the friendly environment, or you may be reported.

If you are satisfied telling him:  No, I don't see any bottlenecks.  That is your problem.  You would be misinforming him.  Knowing current applications I run and my bottlenecks, I can guarantee you he will have many more than me. 

Pray tell, what the heck would you report me for?  Leading a generalized and misinformed thread into a discussion?

Just now, stconquest said:

Funny thing... we can't definitively answer his question.

He is asking if he had any at all, not a number of bottleneck units. It definitely does not matter in this case.

For all of the situations that do require this (which are extremely few), how would you aggregate the absolute "definitive" amount of bottleneck in between components?

And we can tell you are not authentic or trying to help; You completely strayed off of your original post that said the hardware was going to bottleneck the applications.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

If you are satisfied telling him:  No, I don't see any bottlenecks.  That is your problem.  You would be misinforming him.  Knowing current applications I run and my bottlenecks, I can guarantee you he will have many more than me. 

Pray tell, what the heck would you report me for?  Leading a generalized and misinformed thread into a discussion?

I realise that i am new to the forum but that doesn't mean that i'm new to the pc world. I do know that every system has a bottleneck, but still, you don't have to be rude to new members :)

4 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

He is asking if he had any at all, not a number of bottleneck units. It definitely does not matter in this case.

For all of the situations that do require this (which are extremely few), how would you aggregate the absolute "definitive" amount of bottleneck in between components?

And we can tell you are not authentic or trying to help; You completely strayed off of your original post that said the hardware was going to bottleneck the applications.

lol, what are you talking about?

In order to test for performance walls, a user MUST test the PC.  Do you have access to his rig?  All you are telling me is that his components are compatible while stretching that truth into some wildly arbitrary deduction of performance limits you have no access to.

Anyways, I will try to leave you guys to your blowing smoke up each others butts until you feel the warm and fuzzies.

Good day.

3 minutes ago, Ledjo said:

I realise that i am new to the forum but that doesn't mean that i'm new to the pc world. I do know that every system has a bottleneck, but still, you don't have to be rude to new members :)

I was not trying to be rude.

I was taking a topic and trying to start a real discussion.  Freaking people are touchy. 

Have a good night, enjoy your PC.

It is not the information, it is the fashion in which you present it. Telling somebody:

"OF COURSE THE GTX 950 IS WORSE THAN THE 980Ti! THOSE NUMBERS MEAN SOMETHING IDIOT"

is a lot worse than:

"The 980Ti is better than the 950."

Even though the top one is an extreme case, and you aren't doing it like that, it still proves the fact that being nice about the information you present means a heck a lot more than the quantity of the information presented. Misinformation is not a problem as they can do the stuff that they want to learn about.

No need to act nice or mask your rudeness now, you already didn't do so.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Anyways, I will try to leave you guys to your blowing smoke up each others butts until you feel the warm and fuzzies.

Good day.

Ok, you must be done with this thread, good.

*immediately afterward, posts another post*

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I was not trying to be rude.

I was taking a topic and trying to start a real discussion.  Freaking people are touchy. 

Have a good night, enjoy your PC.

ARE YOU JOKING