First PC build

entrope

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tWPWWZ

Any suggestions? I can't go over $750

Hopefully this will last for at least 3 years. Will mostly just have to run Minecraft with shaders but also a little fallout 4, starwars battlefront, csgo all on medium low settings.

Thanks in advance, Nathan

I think for this price it's ok. Maybe you can try getting a better GPU, but minecraft is very CPU intensive, so that i5 is a good choice. 

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700k @ 4,6 GHz - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz

GPU: Asus Strix 980Ti OC - Case: NZXT. H440 - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W - Cooling: Corsair Hydro H110i GTX

And what I just saw: try going with 2x4 GB RAM to benefit from dual channel, which might help you. 

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700k @ 4,6 GHz - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz

GPU: Asus Strix 980Ti OC - Case: NZXT. H440 - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W - Cooling: Corsair Hydro H110i GTX

GTX 950 is good choice compared to GTX 750ti

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

If your trying to save money I would recommend getting a non-modular power supply, because they are much cheaper.

Also, not sure if you want to overclock (if you want to you have everything you need) but if you dont you might want to get the non-K version of that CPU. It will be cheaper.

Well that's already 200$ over his budget. 

You should also get a HDD, because 120 GB SSD is not very much. 

16 minutes ago, Nathanj435 said:

So, wait, do you actually already have all the stuff that says purchased? In any case the unlocked i5 isn't really worth it, and you can easily fit in a 380 with that budget, maybe get a solid free-sync display with it at some point

Also changed the build, aparently there now exists at least a cheap skylake board with USB 3.1, and the prices have all gone down, so RIP haswell I suppose.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ydzw99
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ydzw99/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2HP Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($68.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($31.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.57 @ Mac Mall)
Total: $589.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-18 15:02 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I'd say drop the CPU cooler for now and stick with the stock one so that you can bump the graphics card up to a GTX 950 or whatever the AMD equivalent would be. 750Ti is at the end of its days unfortunately. 

Thank you all for the suggestions.

- I will be adding an old 1TB hard drive.

- I plan on over cloaking to 4Ghz or so.

-Unless there is a major price vs performance I'd like to stick with Nvidia.

- Yes I have already purchased the keyboard and  SSD with Windows 10. (Those are not included in budget)

- Mostly Minecraft and Virtualization Software. But it would be nice to try out Fallout, Starwars battlefront etc.

(I can wait a month on buying the GPU, then I can afford a newer generation.)

If you want to Stick with nvidia, I would definitely go with a 950. You could even wait a bit for the 960, which will be a lot better in your Setup. 

Please update this topic when you have decided. I think it would be interesting. 

So my proposed things are: 

- Two instead of one RAM stick (which is kinda a must have) 

- A 950 or 960 instead of the 750

22 minutes ago, Nathanj435 said:

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Overclocking your CPU is unnecessary, you end up spending a fair bit more for maybe 10% more performance, if you're going to do a lot of virtualization stuff, then you should probably get a Xeon 1231v3, as it'll give you 8 threads to work with

otherwise the 380 is faster than the 960

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LgJB23
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LgJB23/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($244.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($70.99 @ SuperBiiz)

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?