Everytime different BSOD.

SirPaul

Hi guys,

my issue is, i get BSOD with random timings (sometimes it wont crash, sometimes right after it boot up, sometimes when browsing internet for 8 minutes after boot up. )while pc is running.

I have completely clean install of windows 7 from MSDN, with just nvidia driver for gtx 460 installed.

I have:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
       System Model: MS-7636
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU         870  @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4056MB RAM
          Page File: 1732MB used, 6375MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode.

And this time, I have multiple minidump for you from basically last few crashes.

I tried everything. Its not CPU temperature issue i have 32°C+- .

Please, give me advice, what it might be . Thank you very much for your replies.

minidump.zip

Well i dont know if there is any avaliable bios , its 2 years old MSI motherboard. I can check, for sure, but would it start doing just after i reinstalled windows, ? i am on this version of BIOS since i bought it, and it didnt have any problems.

When did you start getting the issue?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

try flashing and reinstalling the BIOS. Also try and get chipset, sata controller drivers installed. All of those could be causing this issue.

When did you start getting the issue?

After i reinstalled my pc. totally erased HDD and installed new windows. Since first start, its randomly striking my pc.

go and install all of the latest drivers. See if that fixes it. 

well if i make it until first BSOD strikes me.. wierd sometimes i dont get bsod for 8 hours, and sometimes after few minutes.

well if i make it until first BSOD strikes me.. wierd sometimes i dont get bsod for 8 hours, and sometimes after few minutes.

Did you manage to install the chipset drivers/flash BIOS/Update BIOS? 

yup, iam testing it if its alright, but yea seems it fixed issue :) thanks 

...... well :D guess what :D System have just crashed ..

Have you tried a System repair?

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Have you tried a System repair?

Its totally blank new system, and yes i tried.

It really could be a huge range of things. I had random BSODs and it turned out to be Norton Antivirus. Uninstalled it and they stopped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

If you sign up there and ask about your problem you should get an answer pretty quickly. They'll use your dump files to figure it out which will give you the specific fix so you won't need to go through each possible solution. 

tbh I was going the same place as Sors. RAM and after you have eliminated that I would look at the power supply.

What kind of access to spare parts to you have? Spare PC in your house? Good friend who will let you take their PSU and test it in your system?

Regarding the RAM look at this (its long, complicated but the best way I have seen of checking RAM)

Part 1

Part 2

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

jesus, why does everyone assume hardware when faced w/ bsods?

well, for one thing, you don't have service pack 1, and for another, the FIRST theing you do after a bsod, is disable all overclocks... I can see that you have a 20% overclock going....

also a couple old drivers....

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 03:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys

amdxata.sys Tue May 19 12:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
AMD storage controller driver - usually from the Windows 7 DVD
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys

but, I can see from the .dmps that it appears to be a memory issue. test your ram, first both sticks, then, if you get errors, each stick individually.

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

If you have an overclock on your CPU (actually, any of your components), set it back to stock before you continue. Bad overclocks can cause any number of BSODs and other errors, so that is the first and easiest thing to try to fix. IF that doesn't work, one of the dump files mentions a memory_corruption, so do a memtest. However, due to the variety, the overclock is probably the cause.

EDIT: It looks like you have a fairly generous 20% overclock on your cpu, so please revert it back to stock (2.93GHz)

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203