Windows stuck in auto repair loop after trying to overclock.

Penny5837

Every boot it will go into automatic repair, and nothing will change, I can't reset it, and everything that I've tried doesn't work. Please help me. 

5 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

Every boot it will go into automatic repair, and nothing will change, I can't reset it, and everything that I've tried doesn't work. Please help me. 

By any chance did you clear your CMOS after the overclock failed? If so, check your SATA controller settings in the BIOS to make sure it's the same as it was when you installed Windows - That is, that it's either set to IDE/Legacy, AHCI (probably what it was), or RAID. If you're not sure which it was, try AHCI first, then RAID, then IDE/Legacy. You should also check to make sure that, if you installed Windows in EFI, the UEFI boot loader is set as the default boot device. Most BIOSes will prefix any boot devices that have UEFI support with UEFI.

17 minutes ago, peej said:

so surly you can revert changes in there 

18 minutes ago, Gregoreg said:

Clear CMOS

Already did...

You overclocked your GPU? Need to go into Safemode and uninstall the driver.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

You overclocked your GPU? Need to go into Safemode and uninstall the driver.

CPU. 

28 minutes ago, peterino55 said:

Already did...

1 minute ago, peterino55 said:

CPU. 

42 minutes ago, Runefox said:

By any chance did you clear your CMOS after the overclock failed? If so, check your SATA controller settings in the BIOS to make sure it's the same as it was when you installed Windows - That is, that it's either set to IDE/Legacy, AHCI (probably what it was), or RAID. If you're not sure which it was, try AHCI first, then RAID, then IDE/Legacy. You should also check to make sure that, if you installed Windows in EFI, the UEFI boot loader is set as the default boot device. Most BIOSes will prefix any boot devices that have UEFI support with UEFI.

^ ?

13 minutes ago, Runefox said:

^ ?

I'm just going to reinstall windows. 

Try rolling back Windows. (Obviously after you have cleared the OCs).

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

27 minutes ago, huss987 said:

Try rolling back Windows. (Obviously after you have cleared the OCs).

Won't let me.