Code of Conduct

LittleCarrot

Let's be honest, not a lot of people read the code of conduct. Why not force them too when they are making a forum account?

You have the CoC displayed, people click "I have read and accepted" the next page will be a multiple choice question about the CoC. This could also be used as protection against bots.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

Let's be honest, not a lot of people read the code of conduct. Why not force them too when they are making a forum account?

You have the CoC displayed, people click "I have read and accepted" the next page will be a multiple choice question about the CoC. This could also be used as protection against bots.

Cause even then people still wouldn't read it. Just scroll to the bottom and hit "agree" as most do.

Edit: and the questions would just make people cheat on the "test".

Just now, QueenDemetria said:

Cause even then people still wouldn't read it. Just scroll to the bottom and hit "agree" as most do.

It will quiz them about it at the next page.

- Albert Einstein

That's not a terrible idea.  But at the same time they don't want it hard to join.  It's easier to just ban people that won't follow it.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

If people don't actually read COC or TOS of programs and anything which comes with one of these they won't read this one if it is forced on them just click accept without reading.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

but y

It will clean up the forums. The forums are filled with people telling people to download more wam. 

- Albert Einstein

It's no longer called the Code of Conduct (: Community Standards/Guidelines. 

It's pinned at the top navigation bar, but obviously some people don't read it. A lot of people would just skip past it when signing up anyway. 

Just now, LittleCarrot said:

It will quiz them about it at the next page.

Then that's just a hassle and will most likely make people not want to sign up.

It will clean up the forums. The forums are filled with people telling people to download more wam. 

what @QueenDemetria said. I rarely read rules to any site, forcing them to read 'em just pisses people off more than it helps them.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

what @QueenDemetria said. I rarely read rules to any site, forcing them to read 'em just pisses people off more than it helps them.

According to your logic, Captcha pisses people off, so we should remove it.

- Albert Einstein

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

One click capcha != forcing people to read rules and answering a quiz

I haven't made an account to this site in a while, so I don't remember what Captcha is used

- Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm pretty sure the site uses the one click capcha now.

I don't see an issue with having a smaller amount of spammer and the forum. My idea dose both inform and keeps the forums clean

- Albert Einstein

Just now, QueenDemetria said:

That's what the beta site used.

Ah.

I don't see an issue with having a smaller amount of spammer and the forum.

But I haven't seen spammers for months.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

As much of decent idea and the good intention of your suggestion is. It would not go well fore the forum and people would no longer join or leave if such a thing was implemented.

Either way, this is the reason the forum has Moderators and the ability for members to report.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

As much of decent idea and the good intention of your suggestion is. It would not go well fore the forum and people would no longer join or leave if such a thing was implemented.

Either way, this is the reason the forum has Moderators and the ability for members to report.

I have seen other forums implement this. It worked quite well.

- Albert Einstein

Just to note. This forum no longer uses it's original Code of Conduct. Currently we enforce a more manageable and clearer set of Community Standards 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

1 minute ago, GzeroD said:

Just to note. This forum no longer uses it's original Code of Conduct. Currently we enforce a more manageable and clearer set of Community Standards 

Same thing, different name.

- Albert Einstein

56 minutes ago, GzeroD said:

Since  when are you a mod?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

Then report them! Making quiz about CS doesn't change anything. If someone comes here with intentions not to follow rules, they will do that even after tests. When creating account here you agree on following both IPS basic rules (just that you are 13 or older) and forums own rules.

4 hours ago, LittleCarrot said:

I don't see an issue with having a smaller amount of spammer and the forum. My idea dose both inform and keeps the forums clean

Real mass spammers get taken down quickly. And having quiz when signing doesn't change amount of them to any direction. Most of those accounts are created by real people, not bots.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv