Erasing my drives

penguin1853

I have a ssd and a HDD how can I erase everything on both drives. I am trying to reinstall windows but with a 64 bit version instead of 32. I also messed up with partitioning my drives and I wanted to start over. What's the easiest way for me to erase everything in my drive

Just installing Windows again.  It will ask if you want to delete partition (which renders the data inaccessible) and format.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Formatting. Best to start with the non-OS drive, for obvious reasons. Go into disk management and delete all partitions on the non-OS drive. If you want, you can create one large volume on the drive to assure that everything is deleted, but you'll do that later anyway. 

For the OS drive, it will be wiped when you reinstall Windows, so there's nothing you really need to do. 

18 hours ago, penguin1853 said:

~snip~

Hey there penguin1853 :)

If you want to keep some of the data on the drive I'd back it up on another drive before proceeding with clearing the drives. 

As the guys pointed out, the installer of the OS will ask you where to install it and will give you the options to manage your partitions and merge/delete/format them.

What I would suggest is to leave only the SSD in your system, format the whole drive with the installer as one big partition, install the OS on it with all the updates and then plug the HDD in your system and delete all partitions from the Disk Management and simply reformat the whole drive, partitioning it the way you like it. :) Having only the SSD while installing the OS is highly recommended in order to avoid issues with the partitions later on. :) Here's how to get to Disk Management: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=ifkm9j

Feel free to ask if you happen to have any questions! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/