Open maps/explorer windows use the trash can icon, help?

Hi guys, when I open maps/windows in the explorer they use the trash can icon instead of the map icon in the activitybar. How can I revert back to the map cion showing up instead? in other words fix it?

It may be worth mentioning that I have sometime ago changed a map icon (mayy have been system file) to the trashcan icon (or altered it in some other way) somewhere. It was part of a guide for getting the trash can in the start meny.

My os: windows 7 home premium 64-bit swedish

Heres a picture of what I mean: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTAOetJIAAAUUmE.jpg:large

Hi guys, when I open maps/windows in the explorer they use the trash can icon instead of the map icon in the activitybar. How can I revert back to the map cion showing up instead? in other words fix it?

It may be worth mentioning that I have sometime ago changed a map icon (mayy have been system file) to the trashcan icon (or altered it in some other way) somewhere. It was part of a guide for getting the trash can in the start meny.

My os: windows 7 home premium 64-bit swedish

Heres a picture of what I mean: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTAOetJIAAAUUmE.jpg:largeIIIII

You shouldn't really be messing with system files go to the command line (Command Prompt) and try sfc /scannow and it will check for altered system files and replace them with unaltered versions. (May need windows disc, not 100% sure) Let me know what happens. (Be sure to quote my post in your response so I get a notification.)

You shouldn't really be messing with system files go to the command line (Command Prompt) and try sfc /scannow and it will check for altered system files and replace them with unaltered versions. (May need windows disc, not 100% sure) Let me know what happens. (Be sure to quote my post in your response so I get a notification.)

No problems were found and yes I know I really shouldn't mess around with system files, but I'm not even sure it was a system file...

No problems were found and yes I know I really shouldn't mess around with system files, but I'm not even sure it was a system file...

Alright well you could try finding the guide you used previously to try to find out which file you altered. If you can't find out which file it is you are probably going to have to do a clean install.

Alright well you could try finding the guide you used previously to try to find out which file you altered. If you can't find out which file it is you are probably going to have to do a clean install.

I searched, I will continue to search then... But I would like to skip the clean install part...

May help, I don't know, but I have discoverd this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrGt-u41-f8&feature=youtu.be wierd, huh?

Indeed...

If you haven't done a clean install in a while you might want to consider it because you will probably notice a significant speed boost. :P

If you haven't done a clean install in a while you might want to consider it because you will probably notice a significant speed boost. :P

Actually it wasn't that long ago. I upgraded my pc, more ram, storage and a ssd :)