Budget Gaming Build $700 including shipping and tax

Just now, DaltonM said:

Don't cheap out on the CPU, it's the 2nd most expensive part, if you don't buy a good one now, you'll have to spend the money again. And 2 crappy CPUs is more than enough to get the best CPU out right now. 

i guess getting a an amd cpu isn`t a bright idea

Just now, alphamonkey said:

i guess getting a an amd cpu isn`t a bright idea

NEVER EVER.

1 minute ago, DaltonM said:

Don't cheap out on the CPU, it's the 2nd most expensive part, if you don't buy a good one now, you'll have to spend the money again. And 2 crappy CPUs is more than enough to get the best CPU out right now. 

yes but if he can't afford it he can't afford it an i3 is still a semi decent chip and it gives him room to upgrade in the future if he feels the need. I started my build of with a g3258 and then upgraded to an K series i5 it worked out well for me. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Just now, moderategamer said:

yes but if he can't afford it he can't afford it an i3 is still a semi decent chip and it gives him room to upgrade in the future if he feels the need. I started my build of with a g3258 and then upgraded to an K series i5 it worked out well for me. 

and i3 ($300) + cost of G3258 ($80) = cost if i5-4690k.

I am always advising against stop-gap or 'throw away' chips. It's worth paying more now always when it comes to PCs. 

But if you want to build a back up system or a media PC, it's fine to buy mid grade chips, because you can hand them down. 

true that is my problem i just have $700 to play around with so there is one problem. In addition for the i3 i don`t want to get a micro atx i would rather have the atx for the future

Just now, DaltonM said:

and i3 ($300) + cost of G3258 ($80) = cost if i5-4690k.

I am always advising against stop-gap or 'throw away' chips. It's worth paying more now always when it comes to PCs. 

But if you want to build a back up system or a media PC, it's fine to buy mid grade chips, because you can hand them down. 

this is going to be first build so i really did not want to go so pricey with things i could mess up. Hence my reasoning of not really going over budget

1 minute ago, alphamonkey said:

this is going to be first build so i really did not want to go so pricey with things i could mess up. Hence my reasoning of not really going over budget

You wont mess anything up if you listen to us at LTT. But if you must get the cheap parts, I can't stop you. I'm telling you it's worth it to save up, because you're so close to being able to get decent parts. 

Just now, DaltonM said:

You wont mess anything up if you listen to us at LTT. But if you must get the cheap parts, I can't stop you. I'm telling you it's worth it to save up, because you're so close to being able to get decent parts. 

Thanks man really appreciate it. I have to check. But I understand what you mean by planning for the future

it's difficult to advice too much because the prices in Canada are crazy but you don't need a crazy mobo to uprade as long as you're fine with not being able to OC down the line I have a 4690K on a cheap asus mobo and it boosts up to 4.3ghz plus I have a gtx 970 which destroys any game it comes in to contact with. Mobo's don't really matter unless you are planning on OC they just hold the parts.  

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

it's difficult to advice too much because the prices in Canada are crazy but you don't need a crazy mobo to uprade as long as you're fine with not being able to OC down the line I have a 4690K on a cheap asus mobo and it boosts up to 4.3ghz plus I have a gtx 970 which destroys any game it comes in to contact with. Mobo's don't really matter unless you are planning on OC they just hold the parts.  

what parts in specific did you have in mind

sadly i am going to stick with the 750ti. For two reasons. One because I don`t really intend on hardcore full setting games. And secondly the monitor I currently have isn`t really that new so it wouldn`t require a really powerful card so in that case i should be fine

9 minutes ago, alphamonkey said:

These parts will do just fine 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PG3pnQ

heres a YT link of basically what your build would be too see the kind of performance you can expect on that cpu and GC combination and honestly the 750ti is a boss card I had it before I upgraded to my 970 and I was thoroughly impressed with what it could do.

here's fallout

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

These parts will do just fine 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PG3pnQ

heres a YT link of basically what your build would be too see the kind of performance you can expect on that cpu and GC combination and honestly the 750ti is a boss card I had it before I upgraded to my 970 and I was thoroughly impressed with what it could do.

Thanks Man really appreciate the feed back

out of curiosity what path would amd cpu be

for it is cheaper in both mobo and cpu verses intel and i really need all the cash i can save

7 minutes ago, alphamonkey said:

out of curiosity what path would amd cpu be

for it is cheaper in both mobo and cpu verses intel and i really need all the cash i can save

Sorry I don't know really anything about AMD CPU's let alone there sockets and upgrade paths but the safe bet is always intel. If you really have to go down the AMD route I would start a new thread asking AMD people all about the sockets and chips till you have a really solid idea of what you're getting in to and how the chips compare to similar priced intel chips I do know that the AMD chip you chose there is similar to an i3 but I think you are gaining a couple fps with the i3 in gaming.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Sorry I don't know really anything about AMD CPU's let alone there sockets and upgrade paths but the safe bet is always intel. If you really have to go down the AMD route I would start a new thread asking AMD people all about the sockets and chips till you have a really solid idea of what you're getting in to and how the chips compare to similar priced intel chips I do know that the AMD chip you chose there is similar to an i3 but I think you are gaining a couple fps with the i3 in gaming.

lets just say this build is my computer and once i have enough money i go make a new computer and hand this down to someone else would it be wise to go cheaper and go amd

1 minute ago, alphamonkey said:

lets just say this build is my computer and once i have enough money i go make a new computer and hand this down to someone else would it be wise to go cheaper and go amd

well that board and cpu combo I showed you was actually 5 CAD$ cheaper than the build you made but I honestly couldn't tell you I don't know enough about AMD. I'll do some reading up on amd chips and get back to you with a better knowlege set it's about time I brushed up anyway.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

2 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

well that board and cpu combo I showed you was actually 5 CAD$ cheaper than the build you made but I honestly couldn't tell you I don't know enough about AMD. I'll do some reading up on amd chips and get back to you with a better knowlege set it's about time I brushed up anyway.

thanks

Right so what I've come up with from a little digging around is that at your price point you can either get the

FX - 6300 (6 core) save $35 off initial build you made

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Z8TBmG

or the FX -8320 (8 core) spend extra $35 than build I made $5 cheaper than your build

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/XbgJxr

I've changed your mobo to M-ATX cause honestly I don't see the point in spending an extra $50 for something that serves the same purpose. So there's pros and cons to both of them but basically if you're going for absoloute minimum price get the 6 core if not get the 8 core it has slightly better performance more comparable to an i5 than an i3 not quite an i5 but close and is still $5 cheaper with that mobo than your original mobo cpu combo. Personally if I was going AMD on your budget I would go for the 8 core it should handle any game you throw at it fairly well when paired with a GTX 750ti. Sorry that's all I got hope it was helpful.   

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, moderategamer said:

Right so what I've come up with from a little digging around is that at your price point you can either get the

or the FX -8320 (8 core) spend extra $35 than build I made $5 cheaper than your build

I've changed your mobo to M-ATX cause honestly I don't see the point in spending an extra $50 for something that serves the same purpose. So there's pros and cons to both of them but basically if you're going for absoloute minimum price get the 6 core if not get the 8 core it has slightly better performance more comparable to an i5 than an i3 not quite an i5 but close and is still $5 cheaper with that mobo than your original mobo cpu combo. Personally if I was going AMD on your budget I would go for the 8 core it should handle any game you throw at it fairly well when paired with a GTX 750ti. Sorry that's all I got hope it was helpful.   

thanks for going far enough to learn and breakdown what information you got it really helped.

thanks for going far enough to learn and breakdown what information you got it really helped.

quick question, if i find a full atx mobo for the same price as the micro atx with all the same utilities should i go for it or is any fine

quick question, if i find a full atx mobo for the same price as the micro atx with all the same utilities should i go for it or is any fine

Yeah if you find a full atx board at the same price by all means go for it just make sure it's using AM3+ socket.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

5 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

also would this: Intel Core i3-4170 3M Haswell Dual-Core 3.7 GHz  be better than the amd fx 6300 for $160 or would it be worse.

There about the same I would say the i3 for gaming would be slightly better but not much in it but it does leave you with the opportunity to replace it with an i5 later down the line fx will beat the i3 in cinebench because of the extra cores but perform very similarly in games.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

8 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

There about the same I would say the i3 for gaming would be slightly better but not much in it but it does leave you with the opportunity to replace it with an i5 later down the line fx will beat the i3 in cinebench because of the extra cores but perform very similarly in games.

with a normal atx board and i3 i get a subtotal of $264 vs amd fx 6300 and normal atx motherboard for the price of $254 should I go amd or intel at this point. Truthfully i was all amd for along time but now i am doubting my self