How to make CD work with old CD players

So I burned some MP3s onto a Audio CD (not a data CD) and it works with my mom's car and and old stereo player. Now it does not work in my dad's car. Do my music files have to be a certain format?

1 minute ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

So I burned some MP3s onto a Audio CD (not a data CD) and it works with my mom's car and and old stereo player. Now it does not work in my dad's car. Do my music files have to be a certain format?

If they're MP3 and not a loss less format like FLAC then you should be fine.  It's the reader that's probably the issue rather than the file format.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

2 minutes ago, Marziman said:

If they're MP3 and not a loss less format like FLAC then you should be fine.  It's the reader that's probably the issue rather than the file format.

Yeah, not sure if it's the CD reader that is broken or not.  But I'm also reading that it's probably because it's MP3 and not Wav

.Could that be it?

7 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

You have to burn it as an audio CD, which changes the format. Most CD players don't support MP3's. Because of this though, you will be limited to sub 15 songs per CD(or 70 minutes of audio).

1 minute ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Yeah, not sure if it's the CD reader that is broken or not.  But I'm also reading that it's probably because it's MP3 and not Wav

.Could that be it?

I STRONGLY doubt it's because it's not WAV.  WAV files are a bigger format like FLAC that have less compression, I use it for things like music editing.  The chances of it being a format issue is probably 0.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

1 minute ago, QueenDemetria said:

You have to burn it as an audio CD, which changes the format. Most CD players don't support MP3's. Because of this though, you will be limited to sub 15 songs per CD.

Yes I did that, and it limits the number of song. But my question is when I do that, do I have to use a specefic file format? I currently use MP3.

3 minutes ago, Marziman said:

I STRONGLY doubt it's because it's not WAV.  WAV files are a bigger format like FLAC that have less compression, I use it for things like music editing.  The chances of it being a format issue is probably 0.

Exactly. Maybe the CD player can't uncompress the MP3 as it's to new for it?

14 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Yes I did that, and it limits the number of song. But my question is when I do that, do I have to use a specefic file format? I currently use MP3.

14 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Exactly. Maybe the CD player can't uncompress the MP3 as it's to new for it?

If you burn CD as Audio CD and set it to be final (or finish session), it converts files to format which is supported by most players. Depending on burning software, you can select to burn MP3 audio CD. Thats the one which is only supported by newer (2000 and newer) players. There might also be some minor incombatibility issues with CD type. Like some players need CD-R or CD+R and can't work with CD+/-RW etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you burn CD as Audio CD and set it to be final (or finish session), it converts files to format which is supported by most players. Depending on burning software, you can select to burn MP3 audio CD. Thats the one which is only supported by newer (2000 and newer) players. There might also be some minor incombatibility issues with CD type. Like some players need CD-R or CD+R and can't work with CD+/-RW etc.

Oh ok.

Well I just gave up and bought a FM Transmitter.

8 hours ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Oh ok.

Well I just gave up and bought a FM Transmitter.

Nero or Roxio, will let you burn MP3 files to audio CD. The program itself automatically converts the files for you, so no need to do the converting yourself with 3rd party softwares. For audio disc, you'll want to burn at a slower rate, say 8x, and not at the max speed the blank disc is capable of. Most CD-R should work with older CD players. There are also blank CD designed specifically for audio. Those are the 2 programs I've used in the old days, when I wanted to burn some MP3 songs to a CD, so I can listen on my portable CD player.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Nero or Roxio, will let you burn MP3 files to audio CD. The program itself automatically converts the files for you, so no need to do the converting yourself with 3rd party softwares. For audio disc, you'll want to burn at a slower rate, say 8x, and not at the max speed the blank disc is capable of. Most CD-R should work with older CD players. There are also blank CD designed specifically for audio. Those are the 2 programs I've used in the old days, when I wanted to burn some MP3 songs to a CD, so I can listen on my portable CD player.

I burned MP3s and WAVs on a Audi CD at a 4x speed, the fastest and lowest available with no success

38 minutes ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I burned MP3s and WAVs on a Audi CD at a 4x speed, the fastest and lowest available with no success

What programs did you use?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list