AMP/DAC raising audio frequency.

I bought a schiit stack a few days ago, and I enjoyed the subtle increase in quality. However sometimes now the sound changes to a higher frequency (imagine the people talking suddenly sucking in a helium balloon). I tried turning the amp off and on again to no avail. I think it just goes away randomly not sure though. IF you know what I can do to fix it or if you know if my amp/dac is defective that would be helpful.

Have you contacted Schiit email support? They'll be more likely to be able to help you, unlike us shitlords in the audio sub.

21 minutes ago, SSL said:

Have you contacted Schiit email support? They'll be more likely to be able to help you, unlike us shitlords in the audio sub.

Well I fixed it myself, i changed the sound playback from 16Hz to 24Hz. I still dont know if thats what cause the problem, but it fixed it so ^.^

Just now, Senor Potato said:

Well I fixed it myself, i changed the sound playback from 16Hz to 24Hz. I still dont know if thats what cause the problem, but it fixed it so ^.^

16 to 24 bit, right?

That shouldn't really do anything, try changing it back to 16 bit and see if it persists. I would still contact support just to be safe.

Just now, iShad said:

That shouldn't really do anything, try changing it back to 16 bit and see if it persists. I would still contact support just to be safe.

yeah i didnt think it was actually the problem and am definitly still contacting support. I think it just restarted the audio playback and thats why it fixed whatever the problem was.