Battlefield 4 Final Requirements

Coombzy

As i said, SP maybe MP forget it... read the entire post, don't just cut bits and pieces, that might bring my statement out of context!

MP is about ram and cpu

The VRAM is bullshit, I think its a sales tactic to push AMD cards since they all have 3GB or over.

In any case we shall see when the game comes out, I'm not spending an extra $60 on a newcard for 4GB of VRAM.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

This kind of makes sense, seeing as how the new consoles basically have the same power as a GTX 660.

MP is about ram and cpu

Yes, but also internet speed and the GPU, 120 player maps require a good amount of horse power with your GPU and CPU, more elements to render in given situations, so a large map will be a heavy load on the entire system

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I have a feeling I might struggle with high settings with my setup :(

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

You're in the clear :)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

multiplayer problem is at 120fps + you kill faster... so yeah, play low settings mp... and ultra sp... but even multiplayer  will get 60fps avg with  770/7970...but it's not good enough to kill fast and smooth gameplay... 

also why ppl don't see a 7 years old card will run... so...... just don't use AA it's useless anyway...almost no benefit in bf3...probably none in bf4...

So glad I just upgraded to a 780 from a 570. and that I just got a 3tb HDD!

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Put me down as disappointed, I think the minimum requirements equal a ps3 or Xbox 360, lol. And I think they should be recommending a current gen gpu but I am still looking forward to the game.

I don't even make the recommended reqs :(. Oh well I'm not a fan of FPS anyway :lol:. Still makes me feel it's time to upgrade...

No, you will be fine.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

No, you will be fine.

1440p?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

1440p?

Eh, I'm not experienced with 1440p. But I would assume you might need to turn the settings down to high or med-high.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Eh, I'm not experienced with 1440p. But I would assume you might need to turn the settings down to high or med-high.

Yeah I figured :/ oh well. The game will still look great anyways so who cares.

I think i'm ok to play BF4. just have to wait and see.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Yah, i can barely play it! Awesome

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

8800gt you will live on for another huge title :)  

Keeping the 8800GT going, I respect that.

Stop crying i got 0.5 MB...

Buy it from a store! That is if u can fit through your doorway.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I feel so happy I am yet to buy a GPU........guess 770 4gb is in order :D

._. No. Read my thread on VRAM usage, unless you're going 3-way SLI

So every Nvidia Gpu that isn't a GTX780 or GTX Titan can't max it ?? 

I knew I should have went with the 4GB Vram Version of my GTX670 :(

No! You are fine with your 2GB card, read my thread on VRAM usage ^_^ unless you're going 3-way SLI

6 core AMD CPU ? looks like multi-core optimizations are finally hitting home !

Yes ! But personally I'm looking more at a 6 core Intel CPU :P those will eat this game alive.

3gb or vram? Are they fucking high?

No, were you seriously expecting 2GB VRAM to be enough for 2 Gens?

I could argue that there are games that max out 2GB vram of GPUs (GTX 770 for example).

Modded Skyrim anyone?

Modded Skyrim is the exception, I'm pretty sure it could own a 12GB Quadro K7000 :P

Me too...

And i forgot to mention that fully modded skyrim has problems on titan even, so...

Yeah ._. modded Skyrim is pretty damn digusting

30GB HDD space required + 3GB of GPU memory means full sized textures for the first time, thank goodness !

I am pleased... although I haven't got enough HDD space for this...

Yes, but also internet speed and the GPU, 120 player maps require a good amount of horse power with your GPU and CPU, more elements to render in given situations, so a large map will be a heavy load on the entire system

Yes!

You should be fine, more than fine ^_^ although you'll probably wanna turn down the AA, in regards to your 1440p question - you won't be needing AA at 1440p anyway so you should yet again be fine :P

Stop crying i got 0.5 MB...

Stop crying I got 400KB/s on a good day...

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Gotta love the HDR effect in ARMA 3. Without it it looks god awful but with it the game looks really nice. I don't think it's a personal thing. ARMA 3 has much better more realistic effects. Volumetric smoke, clouds and fog really help to the make it look really good looking. If ARMA 3 had better textures I think it would look better then Crysis 3.

I am excited to see how the new ARMA turns out, it looks like it could be a really great game!

My dual 580's should be fine :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!