What Should I Upgrade

hello. i havent upgraded any part of my pc in a while and i think it is time.

here are my specs.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590

GPU: Gtx Geforce 970 (Gigabyte G1)

Ram: 8Gb ddr3 1600mhz kingston fury

MotherBoard: MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 GAMING 5

Storage: 2TB Hdd, 1TB Hdd, 120GB SSD

Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PSU: Corsair CX500M

Monitors: 24IN 1080p monitor and a lg ultrawide 25 inch 1440p monitor

I do not want a gpu upgrade.

Thanks for the help

More ram or more ssd storage

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Well you could do a CPU upgrade to something like an i7 4790K, but if you dont need that power there's no need for it.

Also, that's a Corsair PSU right.. Not NZXT. Some might tell you to upgrade that, because CX series PSU's have kinda a bad name here so I would say you could consider that. 8GB RAM more might be nice too, but if you're not gonna use that, why bother..

Or get an SSD. That is probably what I recommend the most.

Anyways, your PC is still very capable it seems.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Well you could do a CPU upgrade to something like an i7 4790K, but if you dont need that power there's no need for it.

Also, that's a Corsair PSU right.. Not NZXT. Some might tell you to upgrade that, because CX series PSU's have kinda a bad name here so I would say you could consider that. 8GB RAM more might be nice too, but if you're not gonna use that, why bother..

Or get an SSD. That is probably what I recommend the most.

Anyways, your PC is still very capable it seems.

how is the cx series bad.

6 minutes ago, Scorpion | Its A Prank Bro said:

hello. i havent upgraded any part of my pc in a while and i think it is time.

here are my specs.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590

GPU: Gtx Geforce 970 (Gigabyte G1)

Ram: 8Gb ddr3 1600mhz kingston fury

MotherBoard: MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 GAMING 5

Storage: 2TB Hdd, 1TB Hdd, 120GB SSD

Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PSU: NZXT CX500M

I do not want a gpu upgrade.

Thanks for the help

Upgrade you CPU to something like the 4690k or the i7 4790k. Also a get a better power supply like the g2 series from EVGA. 

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

15 minutes ago, Scorpion | Its A Prank Bro said:

how is the cx series bad.

It's a PSU meant for, I think they say it like this, office use. For a simple PC. So if I tell you to get a K series CPU on your Z97 motherboard I guess you will overclock it and that PSU is just not really meant for that.

Anyways for this PC it's just fine.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Clean up

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

It's a PSU meant for, I think they say it like this, office use. For a simple PC. So if I tell you to get a K series CPU on your Z97 motherboard I guess you will overclock it and that PSU is just not really meant for that.

Anyways for this PC it's just fine.

Please troll somewhere else, bye.

ok.thanks

@Minibois Holy shit, you weren't lying.

OP, why do you want to upgrade? Are you upgrading for the sake of it? Or do you require extra performance in an area?

If I had to suggest an upgrade, it would be for the power supply. The EVGA 650 G2 is a great power supply and should accommodate all future builds, given that any future builds encompass a single graphics card setup as opposed to SLI or Xfire.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Just now, TheCaptain53 said:

@Minibois Holy shit, you weren't lying.

OP, why do you want to upgrade? Are you upgrading for the sake of it? Or do you require extra performance in an area?

If I had to suggest an upgrade, it would be for the power supply. The EVGA 650 G2 is a great power supply and should accommodate all future builds, given that any future builds encompass a single graphics card setup as opposed to SLI or Xfire.

im upgrading for the extra power and just for the sake of it. i have the money to do it and ive gotten into more multitasking, plus with more intense games coming, i want to be able to run the games at high settings without extreme frame loss

Headphones/speakers, keyboard or mouse.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

6 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

With that kind of pc. The standards i have, would probably be great for me at 1080p unless you're into too much multitasking or running too many apps at the same time. Even my HD 6850 (only 1GB) was fine for me with low 1080p in most games until it reached the breaking point :\ Though i'm probably upgrading soon to a r7 370 next month and can't wait to my favorite games maxed out :D

things i do are gaming like heavy gaming, programming for work, graphic design occasionally

Just now, Elehat said:

Headphones/speakers, keyboard or mouse.

Razer oroubrous, razer blackwidow chroma, logitech g930  headphones

1 minute ago, Scorpion | Its A Prank Bro said:

im upgrading for the extra power and just for the sake of it. i have the money to do it and ive gotten into more multitasking, plus with more intense games coming, i want to be able to run the games at high settings without extreme frame loss

If you want to upgrade for the sake of it, but don't want to upgrade your GPU, then definitely look at a new CPU and PSU. For the multitasking, an i7-4790k should help you, and if you need it, an extra 8GB of RAM. A PSU better than the CX500M is always welcome, so something like the EVGA 650 GS/G2 or similar units from the likes of XFX, Superflower, Seasonic etc. would also be a good shout.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Just now, TheCaptain53 said:

If you want to upgrade for the sake of it, but don't want to upgrade your GPU, then definitely look at a new CPU and PSU. For the multitasking, an i7-4790k should help you, and if you need it, an extra 8GB of RAM. A PSU better than the CX500M is always welcome, so something like the EVGA 650 GS/G2 or similar units from the likes of XFX, Superflower, Seasonic etc. would also be a good shout.

based on this i am considering a evga g50 g2.

6 minutes ago, Scorpion | Its A Prank Bro said:

based on this i am considering a evga g50 g2.

650 G2 or 550 G2? :')

They'll both support your system with ample headroom, but I'd be more inclined towards the 650 for future expansion.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler