Poor perfomance with FX-6300

GLarrson

Hello guys, I'm having problem with FX-6300. While doing CPU intense tasks, ir while playing CPU intense games, CPU seems struggling, not giving enough perfomance. Maybe You guys know how can I fix this? Or atleast increase CPU perfomance a little bit. 

Here are computer spec:

GPU: ASUS Strix R9 380 2gb

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black edition

RAM: 8GB 1600mhz

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-MLX3

PSU: Chieftec 700W

Hope You can help me guys! Thanks!

1 minute ago, GLarrson said:

Hello guys, I'm having problem with FX-6300. While doing CPU intense tasks, ir while playing CPU intense games, CPU seems struggling, not giving enough perfomance. Maybe You guys know how can I fix this? Or atleast increase CPU perfomance a little bit. 

Here are computer spec:

new cpu

im sorry, but the 6300 is absolute trash

The problem is with that CPU you have.

Get a i5-4460 and above and make your life easier.

What are you considering struggling?  Because it might actually be struggling or it might just be doing exactly what its suppose to be doing.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1 minute ago, JefferyD90 said:

What are you considering struggling?  Because it might actually be struggling or it might just be doing exactly what its suppose to be doing.

Well it will sound pretty stupid, but while playing games. I will take CS:GO as an example. Playing CS:GO on lowest graphical settings getting only 70-90 fps. All drivers are up to date. Also seems like CPU is giving to much heat. 20-40C (IDLE) 50-70(LOAD)

3 minutes ago, Mi26 said:

ram?

Ohh my mistake! Forgot to mention. 8GB 1600mhz

Motherboard is very bad considering that this is a 125W processor. The power phase design on those is so bad that you cant get full preformance cuz even under full load it always swithches between (at least my 6100) 3 and 3,5 Ghz. 

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

"It's like a fish with no internet" -Linus Sebastian, 2016

Just now, tbsgbhrdt said:

Motherboard is very bad considering that this is a 125W processor. The power phase design on those is so bad that you cant get full preformance cuz even under full load it always swithches between (at least my 6100) 3 and 3,5 Ghz. 

Its 95W CPU

1 minute ago, tbsgbhrdt said:

Soo the advice would be to update mine MOBO and CPU? 

Just now, GLarrson said:

Well it will sound pretty stupid, but while playing games. I will take CS:GO as an example. Playing CS:GO on lowest graphical settings getting only 70-90 fps. All drivers are up to date. Also seems like CPU is giving to much heat. 20-40C (IDLE) 50-70(LOAD)

That CPU wont reach 70C unless you've disabled its thermal protection, which isn't (in anyway) recommended.  66C is the max temp for the piledriver CPU's at which point they will throttle or power down.  Additionally, 70-90fps isn't bad performance.  I doubt your monitor can refresh the image any faster.  With that said, your video card is more than capable of turning that game on high.  You shouldn't notice any performance difference between high and low settings.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Ok doesnt matter it's still not a good motherboard for this power intensive CPU. At least think about mosfet heatsinks and a fan blowing on them.

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

"It's like a fish with no internet" -Linus Sebastian, 2016

9 minutes ago, GLarrson said:

Soo the advice would be to update mine MOBO and CPU? 

In a perfect world we'd all have 128 core Skylake CPUs.

In the real world, you have what you have.  Unless you're willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on a new setup (and yes, in order to get any kind of meaningful gain you will need to be looking at basically a whole new system).

With that said, I personally, wouldn't listen to everyone saying "NEW CPU NEW MOTHERBOARD NEW EVERYTHING!!! MOAR BETTER"...  Instead lets work on making your current situation as optimal as we can and then we'll go on.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

That CPU wont reach 70C unless you've disabled its thermal protection, which isn't (in anyway) recommended.  66C is the max temp for the piledriver CPU's at which point they will throttle or power down.  Additionally, 70-90fps isn't bad performance.  I doubt your monitor can refresh the image any faster.  With that said, your video card is more than capable of turning that game on high.  You shouldn't notice any performance difference between high and low settings.

Well I haven't turned any protections off, the only thing I do with this setup was using AMD CCC to overdrive GPU, but the perfomance in game haven't improved. Currently using BENQ XL27020Z monitor which is capable of handling 144hz. I think this would be interesting to hear, while switching from high to low, or low to high graphics, fps havent droped or increased. It's excatly the same it was on low or high settings. 

10 minutes ago, tbsgbhrdt said:

Ok doesnt matter it's still not a good motherboard for this power intensive CPU. At least think about mosfet heatsinks and a fan blowing on them.

Mosfet heatsinks? Can You tell me more about these? I'm having 2 intake and 2 outtake fans.

Just now, GLarrson said:

Well I haven't turned any protections off, the only thing I do with this setup was using AMD CCC to overdrive GPU, but the perfomance in game haven't improved. Currently using BENQ XL27020Z monitor which is capable of handling 144hz. I think this would be interesting to hear, while switching from high to low, or low to high graphics, fps havent droped or increased. It's excatly the same it was on low or high settings. 

So that tells us that you are, indeed, CPU bound.  Now we need to determine what is causing this.  My first suggestion may be memory.  Do you have QVL listed RAM and if not, have you manually set the RAM speed?

Spoiler

In a perfect world we'd all have 128 core Skylake CPUs.

In the real world, you have what you have.  Unless you're willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on a new setup (and yes, in order to get any kind of meaningful gain you will need to be looking at basically a whole new system).

With that said, I personally, wouldn't listen to everyone saying "NEW CPU NEW MOTHERBOARD NEW EVERYTHING!!! MOAR BETTER"...  Instead lets work on making your current situation as optimal as we can and then we'll go on.

I'm happy that there is people like You in this world! Thanks for helping me in this situation! Right now I have about 200$ to spend, but I don't know if I want to do this, Bought this computer two months ago :/

Just now, GLarrson said:

I'm happy that there is people like You in this world! Thanks for helping me in this situation! Right now I have about 200$ to spend, but I don't know if I want to do this, Bought this computer two months ago :/

Honestly, with $200 you're going to be hard pressed to get a good upgrade out of it.

Spoiler

So that tells us that you are, indeed, CPU bound.  Now we need to determine what is causing this.  My first suggestion may be memory.  Do you have QVL listed RAM and if not, have you manually set the RAM speed?

Well, the MOBO box shows it can support 1600mhz speed of ram, but I haven't changed speed of RAM, just pluged those in and done.

6 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Honestly, with $200 you're going to be hard pressed to get a good upgrade out of it.

Well, lets dont look at the budget, what would be your advice? I mean what would be optimal CPU that would perfectly combine with mine GPU and get the best perfomance of boths? Also what MOBO would be the best? Capable of overclocking?

The GPU is actually the right choice for that CPU. However it, just like the rest of the FX line, is really not that good for gaming. With it having worse single threaded performance than a Phenom II or 45nm Core 2 Quad at the same clock speed, and being prone to sudden and bad frame rate dips.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

38 minutes ago, GLarrson said:

Here are computer spec:

RAM: 8GB 1600mhz

In CS Go launch options use  -high  -threads 6

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Just now, GLarrson said:

Well, the MOBO box shows it can support 1600mhz speed of ram, but I haven't changed speed of RAM, just pluged those in and done.

Okay, so here is a little bit of knowledge for you... 

Picking your motherboard is certainly the most important decision you'll make when building a machine.  It will tell you everything that you can use.  And while the motherboard itself does NOT in anyway affect performance, it certainly affect the capabilities of everything around the motherboard.  A great example is the VRM design of the motherboard.  To put it simple, a better VRM design (which to be fair isn't something that we can actually give you a stat on, while typically more VRM's are better this isn't always the case) will allow you to overclock the CPU MUCH further and will allow the CPU to perform at its maximum for longer.  This is just one example of how a motherboard will affect your system.  But I do digress.  While your motherboard is not a high end one by any stretch, it is certainly a capable motherboard for the rest of the system.

I do want to build on the memory situation though, QVL memory is still certainly a huge part of system componentry.  If you'll visit your motherboards manufacture page: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX3/ You can go to the support area and download the latest drivers, as well as look at the memory and CPU supported list.  While there may be CPU's or RAM that is supported that is not on this list, it is not recommended to venture too far outside of this list.  Each motherboard is different, so don't assume that it is the case.  This is the current list for your motherboard: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A78L-M_LX3/M5A78L-M_LX_report_150727.pdf Go down that list and see if your current RAM model number (don't just look at timing and speeds, the model number is what is important) and make sure it is on that list.  We want to make sure that your motherboard will set it up correctly.

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Okay, so here is a little bit of knowledge for you... 

Picking your motherboard is certainly the most important decision you'll make when building a machine.  It will tell you everything that you can use.  And while the motherboard itself does NOT in anyway affect performance, it certainly affect the capabilities of everything around the motherboard.  A great example is the VRM design of the motherboard.  To put it simple, a better VRM design (which to be fair isn't something that we can actually give you a stat on, while typically more VRM's are better this isn't always the case) will allow you to overclock the CPU MUCH further and will allow the CPU to perform at its maximum for longer.  This is just one example of how a motherboard will affect your system.  But I do digress.  While your motherboard is not a high end one by any stretch, it is certainly a capable motherboard for the rest of the system.

I do want to build on the memory situation though, QVL memory is still certainly a huge part of system componentry.  If you'll visit your motherboards manufacture page: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX3/ You can go to the support area and download the latest drivers, as well as look at the memory and CPU supported list.  While there may be CPU's or RAM that is supported that is not on this list, it is not recommended to venture too far outside of this list.  Each motherboard is different, so don't assume that it is the case.  This is the current list for your motherboard: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/M5A78L-M_LX3/M5A78L-M_LX_report_150727.pdf Go down that list and see if your current RAM model number (don't just look at timing and speeds, the model number is what is important) and make sure it is on that list.  We want to make sure that your motherboard will set it up correctly.

Soo, I just checked You'r gived link, and no mine exact model of RAM is not qualified.

31 minutes ago, Bit8xPr0 said:

In CS Go launch options use  -high  -threads 6

Using these options as long as I'm playing CS, doesnt seem like they'r giving anything good:/