First build, i5-6600k, opinions wanted please!

ZEBuckeye81

Ok, this is my first build, and I'm looking for opinions on what I have right now. I've gone through several options and this is where I'm at. I still need to decide on a case, and realize there's no video card - I'm going to hold off on that for now. I will also be adding storage, probably a 1TB WD Blue. This will be an all around usage PC, multitasking, some gaming. 

Thanks for any advice or opinions! 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s2XY4D

that looks great

personally i like asus motherboards better but gigabyte definitely isnt a bad choice

that 750W PSU is overkill for any GPU that you would buy, so you even have room for two or three GPUs in the future

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

are you planning to overclocking?  if the anwser is no,  you could get a non-k sku of the processor and get a H170 or even a B170 motherboard that might drive down cost abit. 

other than that the build seems fine 

IMO you dont need a k series chip for what you're doing and i5 6400 is fine for most cases and u save on cooler as the stock is fine for the i5 6400, and u save on mobo as a h170/h110 board will do fine and u can dumb that money into better gpu or a higher capacity ssd 

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

that looks great

personally i like asus motherboards better but gigabyte definitely isnt a bad choice

that 750W PSU is overkill for any GPU that you would buy, so you even have room for two or three GPUs in the future

Yeah I definitely realize the overkill - however the price for that tier 2 psu is better or comparable to some lower wattage lower tiered ones!

I have nothing to base Asus vs gigabyte on, just went with what looked good spec wise and had good reviews. 

Yeah I've considered that, and frankly have been going nuts trying to decide which route to go! I don’t know if I will over clock or not, but with the little price difference thought a z170 setup would lend itself to be upgradable a few years down the road versus going with a setup that currently is on the downhill slope. If I'm delusional please tell me lol!! As mentioned, first build, learning as I go. 

1 hour ago, ZEBuckeye81 said:

Yeah I've considered that, and frankly have been going nuts trying to decide which route to go! I don’t know if I will over clock or not, but with the little price difference thought a z170 setup would lend itself to be upgradable a few years down the road versus going with a setup that currently is on the downhill slope. If I'm delusional please tell me lol!! As mentioned, first build, learning as I go. 

you can stick with a Z170 chipset but still go with a non-k sku allows you to have the option of "upgrading" if you so desire to in the future. you get less savings however. 

There's really not much of a price difference overall between a 6500 h170 setup and the 6600k z170 setup I'm considering. I mean, it's maybe $50? I'm not that tight on my budget