Geforce GTX logo Connector

227167_1454181677

Hey everyone. So I'm modding my card to have white letters. Simply sanding off the green paint. My only question is if there is an easy way to light this thing up without putting it back into the card and plugging it into a PCI? The connection is a two pronged connector. Any clue on what I need to do to make this sucker light up out of card? Thanks 

Just now, byalexandr said:

It's much simpler to just hook it back up.

I wouldn't recommend modding the plug. What's wrong with just plugging it back in?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Just now, X1XNobleX1X said:

I wouldn't recommend modding the plug. What's wrong with just plugging it back in?

Don't ask me, I'm not OP :P

Just now, X1XNobleX1X said:

I wouldn't mod it, I would hopefully find out what type of connection it is and simply buy a molex converter cable or something, if it even exists... And I've already reassembled it once, lugged it in, and find I had rough looking lines through my letters. I disassembled again and went over with high grain sand-paper, but still, I'm going to pull my hair out if it's still not right

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Don't ask me, I'm not OP :P

Haha, I meant to say I agree but I forgot. :)

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

hot glue a wire into the connector

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It might be possible to wire it up to an led strip adapter which connects to your power supply. But you'd need to be comfortable soldering and there no way to know for sure the LEDS in the lettering is rated for same voltage. The best thing is to just connect back to the PCB, are you trying to mod it so you can turn it on or off?

EDIT: if this is a temporary thing just to test it, maybe AA battery and some spare wire?

EDIT EDIT: I'm not sure if the lettering itself has an in line resistor, so applying direct voltage could damage something.

13 minutes ago, 227167_1454181677 said:

I wouldn't mod it, I would hopefully find out what type of connection it is and simply buy a molex converter cable or something, if it even exists... And I've already reassembled it once, lugged it in, and find I had rough looking lines through my letters. I disassembled again and went over with high grain sand-paper, but still, I'm going to pull my hair out if it's still not right

You should be ablet to use the 5V from a molex connector.

This is from another thread:

So I found my Multimeter...

With the GeForce Experience you can adjust the Voltage of the LED's in Percentage from 0% up to 100%

I made couple of measurements on my ASUS 780Ti's and here are my results:

100% - 6.07V

90% - 5.55V

80% - 4.95V

70% - 4.35V

60% - 3.74V

50% - 3.13V

40% - 2.53V

30% - 1,92V

20% - 1,31V

10% - 0,69V

1% - 0.11V

11534d1226224506-pentru-imaginile-text-u

Get something like this: and chop of the SATA end. You will only need 2 wires.

Serial-ATA-font-b-SATA-b-font-font-b-4-b

This is much more work than actually connecting it back onto the card.

12 minutes ago, X1XNobleX1X said:

You should be ablet to use the 5V from a molex connector.

This is from another thread:

11534d1226224506-pentru-imaginile-text-u

Get something like this: and chop of the SATA end. You will only need 2 wires.

Serial-ATA-font-b-SATA-b-font-font-b-4-b

This is much more work than actually connecting it back onto the card.

Yea, I'm going to just hook it back up. Thank you anyways tho