New comer

ProjectRED

Hello folks,

As the title says I am new to Star Citizen. First off what am I to do in this game other than fly around and explore? Also I have zero friends who play this game so If I can join in with one of you that will be great. And last question. Witch Hornet ship is the best. I'm leaning towards the Ghost.

Thanks

technically the super hornet is the best but it's only available in sales, which happen every now and again. Right now we are in very early alpha, which basically means they are still adding everything into the game so what you have to do is: Arena commander which includes a free for all mode, a team battle mode, a capture the flag mode, a vs AI mode, a racing mode, and a free flight mode. on he universe side theres basically exploring to do, a few missions so far, killing other people for sport. They are set to add a bunch more stuff in the coming months but what we have right now is that. It's important to remember if you are playing now you shouldn't expect it to run like a finished game, because its definitely not.

2 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

technically the super hornet is the best but it's only available in sales, which happen every now and again. Right now we are in very early alpha, which basically means they are still adding everything into the game so what you have to do is: Arena commander which includes a free for all mode, a team battle mode, a capture the flag mode, a vs AI mode, a racing mode, and a free flight mode. on he universe side theres basically exploring to do, a few missions so far, killing other people for sport. They are set to add a bunch more stuff in the coming months but what we have right now is that. It's important to remember if you are playing now you shouldn't expect it to run like a finished game, because its definitely not.

Okay thank you ill look out for a sale. Is there like a LTT group or something i can join?

3 hours ago, ProjectRED said:

Okay thank you ill look out for a sale. Is there like a LTT group or something i can join?

Yeah, if you look in the main threads there should be a link to join the LTT discord server where we all communicate on a daily basis :) also if you get the base hornet you can earn REC in game that lets you rent weapons, shields and ships. so you could actually get all the guns and attachments the super hornet has till you can actually buy it minus the double seating.

2 minutes ago, Adreyu said:

Yeah, if you look in the main threads there should be a link to join the LTT discord server where we all communicate on a daily basis :) also if you get the base hornet you can earn REC in game that lets you rent weapons, shields and ships. so you could actually get all the guns and attachments the super hornet has till you can actually buy it minus the double seating.

Thank you Ill do the hornet and do that upgrade thingy later on. And I will look into that server. I can only image how loney space is alone

1 hour ago, ProjectRED said:

Thank you Ill do the hornet and do that upgrade thingy later on. And I will look into that server. I can only image how loney space is alone

We also meet up weekly on Saturdays at 9pm GMT. You are also free to join our organisation: UOLTT. The Org Contents pinned thread in this subforum should do the trick of explaining how to join etc. :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

30 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

We also meet up weekly on Saturdays at 9pm GMT. You are also free to join our organisation: UOLTT. The Org Contents pinned thread in this subforum should do the trick of explaining how to join etc. :)

I just started playing the game and did the flight tutorial flying is so confusing! But anyways, my application has been sent now im just waiting thank you!

1 hour ago, ProjectRED said:

Hello folks,

As the title says I am new to Star Citizen. First off what am I to do in this game other than fly around and explore? Also I have zero friends who play this game so If I can join in with one of you that will be great. And last question. Witch Hornet ship is the best. I'm leaning towards the Ghost.

Thanks

Sorry I'm late to the party but in terms of combat yes the super hornet is the best (Only available through limited time sales). The ghost variant is a more stealthier version and the tracker is a ship designed for finding the more stealthy ships. The base version is the civilian version which supports cargo capabilities which the others don't. There are also some other differences with speed and manoeuvrability but they are not very vast.

Current things that can be done in the game is: Exploring in the baby universe (Port Olistar), Arena commander which allows a free for all combat mode (Battle Royale), a team based combat sim (Squadron Battle), Free flight for practice, Player vs Environment (Vanduul Swarm) as well as racing. You can also wander around your hanger and look at your ships (They have to be set up on the website first) which is nothing much more than just wandering around your hanger and checking stuff out.

As others have said there is a weekly meetup on Saturdays at 9pm GTM which we use discord (Theres a link in my sig and in the Org Contents page also linked in my sig)

Hope that helps :D 

Also the Flight tutorial is not very good at the moment, its a big buggy and dont think it got updated with the new flight model if im remembering right

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

5 minutes ago, abyss03 said:

Sorry I'm late to the party but in terms of combat yes the super hornet is the best (Only available through limited time sales). The ghost variant is a more stealthier version and the tracker is a ship designed for finding the more stealthy ships. The base version is the civilian version which supports cargo capabilities which the others don't. There are also some other differences with speed and manoeuvrability but they are not very vast.

Current things that can be done in the game is: Exploring in the baby universe (Port Olistar), Arena commander which allows a free for all combat mode (Battle Royale), a team based combat sim (Squadron Battle), Free flight for practice, Player vs Environment (Vanduul Swarm) as well as racing. You can also wander around your hanger and look at your ships (They have to be set up on the website first) which is nothing much more than just wandering around your hanger and checking stuff out.

As others have said there is a weekly meetup on Saturdays at 9pm GTM which we use discord (Theres a link in my sig and in the Org Contents page also linked in my sig)

Hope that helps :D 

Also the Flight tutorial is not very good at the moment, its a big buggy and dont think it got updated with the new flight model if im remembering right

Wow that's a lot of information. Thank you for that. Also what do you guys do at the Saturdays meet ups? Also what do people play the most today? Like Port Oilstar or that battle Royale thing?

3 hours ago, ProjectRED said:

Wow that's a lot of information. Thank you for that. Also what do you guys do at the Saturdays meet ups? Also what do people play the most today? Like Port Oilstar or that battle Royale thing?

its a mix of both that people play honestly. Also we generally tend to do arena commander mostly at the meetups and practice combat, as a lot of the people who go to the meetups are military. Sometimes the Squadron Leaders (commanders: Me, Corwin, Napper198 and Commanderfett) will teach best practices and techniques to people to help everyone get better. We are also available for lessons outside the saturday meetup if you ask :).

12 hours ago, ProjectRED said:

Hello folks,

Thanks

discord link: https://discord.gg/0ZFgG6Y9m9xdFg17

welcome btw ;)

Welcome @ProjectRED . Don't worry about being new to the game, if you are free today around 9PM GMT, find us on Discord. It will be refreshing to show someone the ropes, instead of doing our usual dicking around. ;)

17 hours ago, ProjectRED said:

Hello folks,

Thanks

Well there is no "best", just what is best for you.  It's like playing D&D, which Fighter is better?  Fighter, Ranger, or Paladin.  Well each does different jobs in different ways, so there is no best.  Anyone saying x, y, or z ship is just responding in their opinion.  You really just have to get in them and fly them.

I'd be happy to hop in Port Olisar and let you fly any of mine and get a feel.  Hit me up at https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/269172/Thylbana Reference LTT as I get some wierdos sometimes. I keep odd hours due to my job, so message me and we can set up a time.  If you use Discord we can chat.

Flyable ship list:

Aurora MR

Aurora LN
Mustang Alpha
Mustang Beta
Mustang Gamma
Mustang Delta
300i
315p
325a
350r
Gladius
M-50
Cutlass Black
F7C-S
F7C-M
Freelancer
Constellation Andromeda

P-52 Merlin

3 hours ago, Corwin111 said:

Welcome @ProjectRED . Don't worry about being new to the game, if you are free today around 9PM GMT, find us on Discord. It will be refreshing to show someone the ropes, instead of doing our usual dicking around. ;)

But Sir, dicking around is so much fun:

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Best ship? Cutlass

Best ship? Vanguard. I love my shiny toys.

Welcome to the fleet friend. I'm not around much because I seem to be plagued with a never ending stream of problems with my computer. My RMA was lost somewhere in the mail, so now I'm sitting on a motherboardless hulk. But you're not here to listen to my problems, now are you?

I suggest taking a look at the Project Eden thread, to get a better feel for what, exactly, we do. Its what we tend to steer our 'practices' towards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2016 at 8:31 AM, Corwin111 said:

Sorry for the very late reply but thank you. I love how big the Star Citizen community is here. I was invited to the LTT group so I will be joining that soon! And I will check out any future events held.