Trying to get friends into PC gaming

batcmatt

Help! My friends have been stuck in console hell for too long. They think that PC gaming is pointless. How can I convince them otherwise

"Happiness is a belt fed machine gun"

Have them play Portal 1/2. Or if they are the kind that might like DotA/LOL, then you can have them try that one. Hell, maybe even Heartstone.

Free/Cheap games that aren't demanding is a great way to start out.

3 minutes ago, batcmatt said:

Help! My friends have been stuck in console hell for too long. They think that PC gaming is pointless. How can I convince them otherwise

Show him a $500 machine can indeed rekt in 720p60fps. Steam sales, mouse/keyboard accuracy when playing fps. Show your entire steam library.

Well, you can tell them about better playing experiences, better visuals, more games and a variety of differing game types, a plethora of other usages for a computer, and in todays world you need to have computer skills; what better way than by spending your life slowely withering away behind a desk as you move pixels around on a screen, desperately trying to escape reality and an ever darkening world of despair and death :D

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Tell them they don't need to ditch their consoles, but if your PC is good enough, show them what it can do and give them the positives and negatives.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Tell them the advantages of pc gaming. Like Steam sales, customisability, more performance etc. If they ask you if you are implying that consoles are weak, just say yes, because its a fact. The last thing you want to do is insult them and console gaming. This will deter them even more from pc gaming.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

6 minutes ago, batcmatt said:

Steam sales. I have never paid full price for a game on steam.

Also show them how they can already play lots of good games on whatever computer they happen to have. Integrated graphics are surprisingly powerful at this point.

2 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

Steam sales. I have never paid full price for a game on steam.

Also show them how they can already play lots of good games on whatever computer they happen to have. Integrated graphics are surprisingly powerful at this point.

I did before I found out about G2A

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

I got friends that are super fanboys. I told them 7 reasons to switch to PC, and they countered them with a couple of "false" reasons. Apparently, they got no idea what they are talking about, so I left them in their misery to play FIFA.

Edit: I however suggest you spread this picture around. Make it obvious that you are the king, and they are your slaves(of Sony and MS), if they stay and play their consoles.

Edit: Tell me some more reasons so I can add to this picture, then whoever can make videos, will make one for "10 reasons to switch to PC gaming". We gonna have to attack those console gamers and make them feel like they are the loosers in all cases.

Console Cons.png

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

My video may help, this is your console experience on well my system is not high end.

One of the many amazing experiences of PC.

How they normally look on original machines.

Dreamcast.

Gamecube

My real hardware is now able to rest and i can make them look like something that does not exist.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi