How do you correct yourself in texting?

kristofk

Hi everyone,

I know that when you mistype something in a message and send it, you can correct yourself by typing: "*[correction]".

But what if what you want to correct isn't self explanatory and you wan't to specify what you want to correct or where. Do you write it in parenthesis before or after the correction or is there another standard?

23 minutes ago, InfinityCaptain said:

Hi everyone,

I know that when you mistype something in a message and send it, you can correct yourself by typing: "*[correction]".

But what if what you want to correct isn't self explanatory and you wan't to specify what you want to correct or where. Do you write it in parenthesis before or after the correction or is there another standard?

you could just edit it and Show the edit mark and add an edit comment...

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

1 hour ago, InfinityCaptain said:

Hi everyone,

Like just casually texting people? If so I usually just resend the corrected word/words with a * after it. Like "Hey I'll meet you at the cade", followed by "cafe*", unless it's really confusing then I just explain what I meant.

47 minutes ago, C0LL0SS0S said:

you could just edit it and Show the edit mark and add an edit comment...

2 minutes ago, Spartancloud said:

Like just casually texting people? If so I usually just resend the corrected word/words with a * after it. Like "Hey I'll meet you at the cade", followed by "cafe*", unless it's really confusing then I just explain what I meant.

In real life I'm asking this because I contacted activison support via Twitter and I mentioned multiple versions of a game and I wanted to correct one and I wanted to be specific as to which one I'm correcting. 

1 minute ago, InfinityCaptain said:

In real life I'm asking this because I contacted activison support via Twitter and I mentioned multiple versions of a game and I wanted to correct one and I wanted to be specific as to which one I'm correcting. 

Oh if it's for support reasons, just be extra clear. Like "I said version 1.342 when I meant to write 1.347" and if you think that won't clear it up just maybe rewrite all the version like "making the affected versions 1.245, 1.347, and 1.564" or whatever works best for your case. I feel like contacting them via email probably would make getting your point across easier but that's just me, I pretty much always email for support if it's an option.