Is the Razer DeathAdder Chroma a good buy?

Spacey93

So I'm on the hunt for a new mouse. Currently have just been using a CM storm devastator which has given me some trouble with a squeaky mouse wheel etc. Overall I would just prefer something a little more "premium" pretty much looking for anything that's going to last me a long time, is comfortable to use, and isn't going to crap out anytime soon. I will mainly be playing FPS games, as well as the occasional MOBA. So would you guys recommend this mouse? any problems with it? I've heard the Logitech G502 is also pretty good, and is within the same price range where I live.

The G502 is the definite way to go. If you want the RGB effects, you might want to get the Proteus Spectrum version.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

1 minute ago, evilarceus said:

The G502 is the definite way to go. If you want the RGB effects, you might want to get the Proteus Spectrum version.

The Razer mouse seems a little overpriced for its poor build quality.

12 minutes ago, N_Bot said:

The Razer mouse seems a little overpriced for its poor build quality.

I'm not defending the DA or anything, but do you know of a mouse that's the same form factor as the DA?

I'm currently on my 3-year old DA 1800 and the left click is starting to give up on me.

But since I like it so much I'm still looking at the newer DAs.

sorry for piggybacking OP.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

I think the DA is fine, you can go for the non RGB one tbh. the only thing it changes is the scroll wheel land logo lights. 

more importantly you should head down to a store and try it (if your country has stores that do that)

29 minutes ago, Noyu said:

I'm not defending the DA or anything, but do you know of a mouse that's the same form factor as the DA?

I'm currently on my 3-year old DA 1800 and the left click is starting to give up on me.

That's fine. Honestly I'm leaning towards the DeathAdder at this point, just really like the overall design of it and everything, but I'll have a proper look in store tomorrow. Also, have you ran into any issues with anything relating to the scroll wheel? Obviously your model is slightly older than the one i'm looking at buying, but just thought i'd ask anyway.

3 minutes ago, Spacey93 said:

That's fine. Honestly I'm leaning towards the DeathAdder at this point, just really like the overall design of it and everything, but I'll have a proper look in store tomorrow. Also, have you ran into any issues with anything relating to the scroll wheel? Obviously your model is slightly older than the one i'm looking at buying, but just thought i'd ask anyway.

Not really. And this is thinking I basically use the wheel for everything involving scrolling and zooming.

Only (not much of an) issue is the "softening" of the clicks, but that's normal (I think) ahahaha

Apparently the G502 Core is a bit cheaper than the non-chroma DA that's why everybody's suggesting it.

It's "better" and "cheaper" than the DA.

I'm still going for the DA though since I probably will have a hard time adjusting to the radical shape of the G502.

Also, other people have suggested the Mionix Naos 7000 to DA users. But that's not available in my country.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

Everyone bitches and moans about the Deathadder but I personally love it and it's actually the most common mouse for cs go players. Best thing to do is try a bunch out. If they aren't available in store just buy a bunch then return what you don't like.

55 minutes ago, Noyu said:

12 minutes ago, Noyu said:

Not really. And this is thinking I basically use the wheel for everything involving scrolling and zooming.

Only (not much of an) issue is the "softening" of the clicks, but that's normal (I think) ahahaha

Apparently the G502 Core is a bit cheaper than the non-chroma DA that's why everybody's suggesting it.

It's "better" and "cheaper" than the DA.

I'm still going for the DA though since I probably will have a hard time adjusting to the radical shape of the G502.

Also, other people have suggested the Mionix Naos 7000 to DA users. But that's not available in my country.

From what I can see on the site of the shop I'm going to tomorrow, they're only selling the Chroma DeathAdder. Which is about $15 more than the G502 Core non RGB. 

26 minutes ago, Spacey93 said:

From what I can see on the site of the shop I'm going to tomorrow, they're only selling the Chroma DeathAdder. Which is about $15 more than the G502 Core non RGB. 

In my case, I'm trying to look for the CLG LE DA 2013. I'm not really into the Chroma thing but I want it to be white (or at least the lights)

You should test the G502 first. Alot have said that it looks weird but it's actually very (yes they always say "very") comfortable.

Karamo

Spoiler

I really like the Death adder and is relatively cheap here in the UK. Around £45

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Guys stop saying the deathadder is overpriced its not at all. 

You should look at the sensor and how egonomik a mouse is when you are speaking of overpriced.

The G502 is not good for FPS I know that a lot of youtubers says it is but it is really not. The mouse is heavy, badly shaped for really fine precision, you miss click way to often.

BEST FPS MICE:

G303/302

Zowie EC1-A/EC2-A (depends on how big your hand are)

Deathadder

Rival 300

Zowie FK1 or FK2

I was a semi pro css talent player and there is a youtuber called Rocket jump ninja he is was a pro doom player and he makes videos about mice and he says the same as me.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.