Don't threaten my tech!

LazyJackal

Student has her laptop's life threatened over Trump sticker.

The short and veiny is that a male student tweeted a picture of his female classmate's laptop which had a "Trump Make America Great Again" sticker on it.

He then posted a picture of the students laptop to his twitter feed saying (pararaphasing here) "7,000 retweets and i'll smash this bitches laptop!"

He got over double the retweets he asked for in 4 hours, but he did not smash the laptop, instead he got hot tea thrown in his face when the female student heard about the tweet.

My question isnt if this is right or wrong, because it IS wrong. Instead i was wondering what you guys consider to be the "line in the sand". The point where you have crossed over from trying to make a statement and begin infringing on other peoples rights with your Twitter feed, what is that line to you?

Crossing the line is touching someones property... The only reason I could see grabbing someones laptop is if you're trying to save it from a spill or something that could break it. 

Just now, Moondrelor said:

Crossing the line is touching someones property... The only reason I could see grabbing someones laptop is if you're trying to save it from a spill or something that could break it. 

Agreed. The age old adage of "Don't touch crap that isn't yours" that we all learned in kindergarten. Well,. most of us anyway.

The moment a disagreement becomes physical, everyone becomes a loser.

These two people obviously let politics get too personal both are idiots. You dont touch peoples property and you dont throw hot tea into someones face.  

Hot tea in the face? Scumbag deserved it. Though she shouldn't have done that, now he can potentially sue her for assault/retaliate. She should've just reported it either to the cops or to the teachers, as he was threatening her.

Then again, you don't just threaten to break someone else's stuff just because you don't agree with something the owner of that stuff believe in and expect to not have any comebacks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Both parties are in the wrong. Seems like poorly thought through joke got out of hand.