Sdd mounted on ridiculous angle , dangerous ?

mitsosvazelos84
Go to solution Solved by Unhelpful,
1 minute ago, mitsosvazelos84 said:

Hey guys , is this safe ?

Yes it's fine. You can throw an SSD and it won't give a fuck.

Hey guys , is this safe ?

b7ab904fd006a18c690aa2cb9f8c4d51.jpg

As you can see it is mounted on the metal mesh around the front fans of my corsair 450d . Its ok for an sad to operate on that angle and in front of a fan right ?

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Why would it be dangerous? You could use your pc upside down and it would work just fine

Just saying , the connector might be under stress or smthing . SSD's have no moving parts , I know that ' UNLIKE THESE FRIGIN HARD DRIVES :P

9 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Yes it's fine. You can throw an SSD and it won't give a fuck.

but i wouldn't^^ I never throw any hardware ... not even in trash ;)

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Even recent hard drives don't mind being run at random angles, as long as they aren't moving.

12 minutes ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

lmfao

linus has a video where he actually does this at the intel campus

No mechanical parts FTW.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

1 hour ago, Jade said:

Even recent hard drives don't mind being run at random angles, as long as they aren't moving.

After all the dead had drives i have encountered , that seems difficult to believe

2 minutes ago, mitsosvazelos84 said:

After all the dead had drives i have encountered , that seems difficult to believe

http://www.howtogeek.com/128397/does-hard-drive-orientation-affect-its-lifespan/

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21533

http://ask.metafilter.com/109787/Will-operating-an-external-hard-drive-at-a-45-degree-angle-reduce-its-life

Wouldn't say it if there wasn't reasonable information behind it -- even manufacturers say it.

@Captain_WD?

19 hours ago, mitsosvazelos84 said:

~snip~

Hey there :)

You shouldn't have problems using the drive like this. SSDs don't have any moving parts in them so there shouldn't be anything to be damaged from this type of mounting. The only problem that you may encounter is the cooling of the drive. Cases are designed in a specific way for good airflow and this is why they have the designated drive cages and it is recommended to install your drives there, but I don't think you'll have a problem using it like this. You can always contact the manufacturer and ask :)

Thanks @Jadefor mentioning! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/