NEED HELP :P

Go to solution Solved by DaltonM,
Just now, junaid_the_grenade said:

well it really depends on how long it takes me to save up enough to get it

You can allocate some of your current budget, the cards will be out this year. I believe in creating an upgrade path rather than getting the most performance now. You can build a system that will last for years with only the need to update the GPU in the coming year(s). Anyway, I'm creating a build, stay tuned for it. 

what hardware would you recommend for the best experience to run games at 2560x1080 with maxed out settings at a solid 60hz? I am looking into getting a new set up soon that's why I am asking :D don't worry about any peripherals i've got that covered just the PC it self. Thanks for the help in advance

probably a 390, 970, or used 290x

myself, I have a 290x and I max out every game at >60fps

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

NVIDIA: 970 or better

AMD: 380 or better

CPU wise, just get like a Skylake i5-6600k or i7-6700k if you are over clocking, and if not, a 6700 or 6500 is good. If you want a cheaper solution, the i5-4690k Devil's Canyon is always good. 

RAM, just get at least 8GB DDR4 for Skylake and DDR3 for anything less.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Just now, DragonSlayer 159 said:

What's your price limit for the PC?

Just now, DaltonM said:

What's your budget? Are you in need of whole system including case and windows? 

Around £1000 ($1445.33 US) and yes whole system

Around £1000 ($1445.33 US) and yes whole system

Are you interested in waiting for Pascal/Polaris GPUs? You could get a budget GPU now, and get a more capable GPU for resolutions higher than 1080p later on

Just now, DaltonM said:

Are you interested in waiting for Pascal/Polaris GPUs? You could get a budget GPU now, and get a more capable GPU for resolutions higher than 1080p later on

You can allocate some of your current budget, the cards will be out this year. I believe in creating an upgrade path rather than getting the most performance now. You can build a system that will last for years with only the need to update the GPU in the coming year(s). Anyway, I'm creating a build, stay tuned for it. 

i play 1440p and i can play every game 60+ fps with 0x AA or 2x AA , some games run better without AA on 1440p than AA on 1080p (gta for some reason runs better with 0x aa on 1440p , than it did 1080p 2xmsaa)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

13 minutes ago, junaid_the_grenade said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nCgtwP

Here's the build I think you should go with. The PSU might not be the best choice, but you'll want a modular one with the case I chose. The case is the sexy Raijintek Styx, it's small, aluminum and really cheap for what you get. My reason for the cheapo GPU is to upgrade it in the future, the rest of the the components will last you FOREVER basically. You can add more RAM, but you really don't need to. If you only want to play games, with nothing else running the background, you can drop down to 8gb to save money. The SSD is large enough to hold several games, so you could even drop the HDD. 

The 950 will perform decently at 1080p. You could drop down 720 and run ultra on most games at 30FPS rock solid. I think a rock solid FPS is better than a higher, variable refresh rate IMO. 

I don't think there's many people here who would agree with my GPU choice, but if you're upgrading this year, it's not worth spending a lot. Plus if you have an old PC to drop the 950 into, double bonus! 

EDIT: You can also get windows from places like G2A or Reddit for much cheaper than $80. That can cut some cost for you.