Slightly smaller version of the Hyper 212 Evo?

Blucyrik

Hey guys,

So I recently found out that a Hyper 212 Evo WILL NOT fit in a 4U server chassis as it's just barely taller (about 7mm taller) than the top of the chassis... I've always known 212 Evo's to be the best air CPU coolers you can buy for their price... Anyone know some nice, slightly smaller alternatives to the 212 Evo?

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

Stick to the stock cooler, since there is probably no need for you to overclock it. Or a noctua low profile one would do fine as well, just with a beefier fan. NH L9i

3 minutes ago, Xenift said:

Stick to the stock cooler, since there is probably no need for you to overclock it. Or a noctua low profile one would do fine as well, just with a beefier fan. NH L9i

I'm not really looking for better thermals... since it's an i3 CPU :) 

My stock Intel fan is starting to make a bit of noise (which is an issue since I want this system to be as quiet as possible) so I felt there was a need to replace it. And thanks for the recommendation

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

12 minutes ago, Blucyrik said:

I'm not really looking for better thermals... since it's an i3 CPU :) 

My stock Intel fan is starting to make a bit of noise (which is an issue since I want this system to be as quiet as possible) so I felt there was a need to replace it. And thanks for the recommendation

The 212 EVO is not a quiet cooler.:(

Keep an eye on your temperatures and try adjusting the CPU fan curve. If not, the Hyper T4 is smaller and goes for about $12 right now, but it isn't exactly quiet either.

Silverstone makes some cool low-profile stuff with 120mm fans as well. Wasn't it them that made the little blue cooler Dmitri from Hardware Canucks has in his Define S Nano build?

Maybe you could try something like the CoolerMaster GeminII M4 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103177&cm_re=coolermaster_geminii-_-35-103-177-_-Product . That's quite slim and has a 120mm fan, which shouldn't be loud.

I have a Hyper T4, the fan spins at ~1000rpm and it's quiet enough, at least it's like 90% quieter than the stock cooler. Although you should check the fittings for your specific motherboard. The T4 doesn't include AMD brackets, you just clip it on the stock mountings.

And as usual... Be aware of having enough clearance, so you don't have to chop anything, as I did xD

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.