Australian infringement case has a sane ending

linuxfan66

http://www.itnews.com.au/news/dbc-gives-up-on-iinet-piracy-case-414920?eid=1&edate=20160211&utm_source=20160211_AM&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

The owners of the film Dallas Buyers Club have chosen not to take further action in their legal fight with iiNet over its users' alleged copyright infringement, bringing an official end to the year-and-a-half long saga.

In December, Justice Perram said DBC LLC had failed to prosecute its case to access the details.

He said DBC LLC had failed to fall in line with the judge's suggestions for an appropriate method of communications and claim for damages, specified in his August judgment.

Perram said the proceedings would be terminated in their entirety by February 11 unless DBC LLC made a further application prior that date.

Bradley told iTnews there was nothing DBC LLC could do to get the outcome it originally sought.

short notes since DBC wasn't willing to have a reasonable conclusion the case is over.

The judge said what was reasonable which was i believe cost of the movie to obtain plus appropriate paperwork/legal fees. What they wanted was speculative damages for other people they could've possibly shared with without any evidence. and a distributor fee that they wouldn't specify a specific number. The case was conducted with excessive and i hope other companies seeking money as a result of infringement  learn from this.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

This is because an American company thought they could impose ludicrous American rulings in Australia. Our courts saw that they wanted to fine people thousands of dollars for a $12 movie and decided not to let them. The Australian courts have never subscribed to this notion of allowing companies to 'make examples' of individuals by making them pay tens of thousands in infringement damages. 

Basically, when the Australian courts told them they could send people bills for the movie but it had to be an extremely limited sum (actual value of a copy of the film). It became uneconomical to continue the case.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor