400mm worth of rad enough?

In the process of making a new build and struggling to find accurate info on how much rad space I need. My first build was in an Inwin 901 with a spot for a single 92mm rad and that was a huge mistake... Was near silent doing everyday tasks but when gaming? Forget about it. Every single person I'd be communicating with over mic commented how my rig sounded like a plane. 

Now I'm building in an Inwin 805 and want to know if a dual 140mm and a single 120mm would be enough to cool the i7 4790k and the TitanX... I don't want it to be loud again. I'm even ok with moderate noise but I'm not putting up with straight loud anymore. Here's a pic of my progress. Also, HOW DO YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME WHEN LOGGING IN WITH YOUR STEAM ACCT? Thanks guys =P

Comp so far.jpg

Think the rule of thumb is 120mm for each component you're cooling. So you should be fine with 400mm

that should be enogh but slam on some more if you can because it cant get too cool :) also extra radiators would mean better cooling and because of that you can run lower fan speed meaning less noice :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Timie187 said:

Think the rule of thumb is 120mm for each component you're cooling. So you should be fine with 400mm

I definitely would if I could! Sadly, that is all this case can accommodate =)

3 minutes ago, Timie187 said:

Its actually 120mm per component + 120mm overhead.

Personally I think that would be pushing it for a GPU and CPU, can you not fit in 2x 240mm rads?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just seen a few mods with a 360mm rad in the front. I cant see any reason why you couldn't add a 120mm in the rear giving you 480mm

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Its actually 120mm per component + 120mm overhead.

Personally I think that would be pushing it for a GPU and CPU, can you not fit in 2x 240mm rads?

Nope, spot for two 140s in the front and a 120 in the back. That's all this baby has to offer for fanspace 

1 minute ago, 227167_1454181677 said:

Nope, spot for two 140s in the front and a 120 in the back. That's all this baby has to offer for fanspace 

Ok, maybe this one had some mods done

Ryzen Ram Guide

Yea, the guy above sawed a lip off the bottom of the piece that mounts the fans. You can see the metal bracket behind the front rad... Damn, I wish I thought of that but I ordered the case and the rad at the same time and I couldn't have known that was possible... And I don't feel like buying another rad as I just got the 280mm in the mail yesterday and was sent by EK... Not sure I'm willing to deal with the return cost. 

I actually just realized the guy above isn't even taking advantage of the rear 120mm... So I'd prob be ok... I'll definitely have to think about it.