Help chosing a monitor

D4RK

hello,

so i need a monitor with the following specs

Resolution: 1440p  (1080p if i really have too) "might consider ultra wide monitor if they fit everything else"

Refresh Rate: 100 or more

Panel type: IPS

Screen finish: Matt

with Gsync

Budget: around 500 - 600 USD

now since i have been reading about the problems with asus and acer monitors, i have no idea what to consider so leave your suggesstions

Could try this Dell

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/dell-monitor-s2716dg

I currently have an Asus RoG in for RMA cause of flickering, but when they work theyre great (so I'm told)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

10 minutes ago, D4RK said:

hello,

so i need a monitor with the following specs

Resolution: 1440p  (1080p if i really have too) "might consider ultra wide monitor if they fit everything else"

Refresh Rate: 100 or more

Panel type: IPS

Screen finish: Matt

with Gsync

Budget: around 500 - 600 USD

now since i have been reading about the problems with asus and acer monitors, i have no idea what to consider so leave your suggesstions

no such thing...IPS monitors with Gsync start at 755$:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#r=256001440&p=1&A=1&sort=a8&page=1

If you are okay with a TN panel you can have one for as low as 570$ (from dell) which is what i would recommend actually...IPS has problems, i've been lucky mine aint too bad but it's not perfect if you watch and play darker content steer clear from IPS it ain't for you:

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#r=256001440&A=1&sort=a8&page=1&p=0

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

snip

8 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

snip

well, lets say i am fine paying more, the question here is there any ips monitor with those spec other than the ones from asus and acer?

Just now, D4RK said:

well, lets say i am fine paying more, the question here is there any ips monitor with those spec other than the ones from asus and acer?

no

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, D4RK said:

No, not really. 

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

9 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

No, not really. 

well what are the options of ips monitors without gsync but again not from asus or acer?

Just now, D4RK said:

well what are the options of ips monitors without gsync but again not from asus or acer?

the problem is not asus or acer...it's IPS technology, wake up!

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

the problem is not asus or acer...it's IPS technology, wake up!

i read that only the ips panels that asus and acer use have the problems, and not all the ips monitors.

1 minute ago, D4RK said:

This: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MG279Q-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00ZOO348C/ref=zg_bsnr_1292115011_5?tag=amazon0606-20

3 minutes ago, D4RK said:

i read that only the ips panels that asus and acer use have the problems, and not all the ips monitors.

no they all have it to some degree...some panels are great, some are bad, some are in the middle...it's the luck of the draw if you get minimal backlight bleed or tons of backlight bleedin every corner...i've been lucky mine ain't bad at all but it still exibit some in the lower right corner and in very dark scenes it's a problem.

Get the Gsync TN panel from Dell...i would take that over any IPS monitor that would not have Gsync,

<Gsync and high refresh-rate are the options not to miss on...and 1440p resolution obviously...TN vs IPS IMHo there is not much there for discussion.

WHICH GPU do you own BTW?

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

snip

how good is that dell tn panel in terms of colors? is it really close to ips quality?

Just now, D4RK said:

how good is that dell tn panel in terms of colors? is it really close to ips quality?

i would think so, this is a good TN panel...Dell is known for having very good TN panels pretty much across the board, i assume this is one of their best since it's an higher end high performance gaming monitor...you'd have to check reviews to be honest.

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

single 980 ti

Just now, D4RK said:

single 980 ti

yes it's either you play it safe and save money with a tn panel with Gsync, or you go balls to the wall and spend 800$ for an IPS and cross your fingers...you can always do RMA if the panel ain't up to your expectations and hope they send a better one, or you can be lucky and get a perfect monitor on the first try...i would go with the acer predator XB271HU if you go that way...Asus customer services are a pain in the butt. (at least in north-america)