Outlook problems with Gmail.

No matter what I try, I can't seem to get my school email to work with Microsoft Outlook. It always fails to "Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP)" and "Sent test e-mail message" I have tried everything, looked up guides, and nothing seems to work. Any help I would be grateful for. Thanks.

Brendan

set your account manually. If you keyed in something my_name@myschool.com for your email address, outlook auto sets the imap server as imap.myschool.com. If your school is using gmail service for their email domain. Then you should change the imap server as imap.gmail.com.

also do this for the smtp. google the ports used by your schools email server. If they use google's gmail, then it might be 993 and 25 for imap and smtp respectively. :) gets?

4 minutes ago, l3entumbling said:

set your account manually. If you keyed in something my_name@myschool.com for your email address, outlook auto sets the imap server as imap.myschool.com. If your school is using gmail service for their email domain. Then you should change the imap server as imap.gmail.com.

also do this for the smtp. google the ports used by your schools email server. If they use google's gmail, then it might be 993 and 25 for imap and smtp respectively. :) gets?

Nope, nothing changed when I did that

Okay... 

login to the browser. In your account settings, go to something like forwarding and pop/imap. Make sure imap access is enabled.

5 minutes ago, l3entumbling said:

Okay... 

login to the browser. In your account settings, go to something like forwarding and pop/imap. Make sure imap access is enabled.

I already have

I guess you gotta call support. Either your schools IT dept., gmail or Outlook. :) goodluck

1. Don't use outlook. Mozilla Thunderbird's better.
2. Get into gmail "settings", the "accounts and import" tab. In the "change account settings" row click on the "other Google account settings". It should open a new tab for you. Now navigate to "login and security" section in the menu on the left, and scroll down to the bottom. Enable not as safe applications.

59 minutes ago, Bcuber said:

NO NEED TO HELP ANYMORE, I FIGURED IT OUT

what was the resolution?

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:44 PM, l3entumbling said:

what was the resolution?

I needed to allow access for less secure apps