Everyone please read!

SteamedCabbage

hey all, this is very important for me. So I had just built a new pc and the graphics card is failing me! The problem: When under load (Can be a very basic benchmark/game) it "crashes", of a sort. The fan on the gpu still spins and it still draws power, just the screen flashes to a random block colour with no writing on, and I have to force shut down the PC. It is fine when it loads back up, I just havn't been able to benchmark/play any games as it crashes every single time.

My GPU is the EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti Super Clocked (2GB). I bought it new off of amazon and all the reviews are postive, saying people have no problem with it. I have updated all my drivers, and I'm sure it's not my CPU. I have no other rigs to test the GPU on, so I can not confirm if it is the Motherboard or the GPU, but I am sure it's the GPU. The motherboard drivers are the latest as are the GPU's, (GeForce experiance). If you have any soloutions please feel free to post them below, or PM me if you are willing to skype. If you are willing to skype please do not waste my time!

1 minute ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

Send it back for replacement/refund

This.

Or switch out your PSU and see if it still happens.

Almost as cool as my temps  

3 minutes ago, SteamedCabbage said:

hey all, this is very important for me. So I had just built a new pc and the graphics card is failing me! The problem: When under load (Can be a very basic benchmark/game) it "crashes", of a sort. The fan on the gpu still spins and it still draws power, just the screen flashes to a random block colour with no writing on, and I have to force shut down the PC. It is fine when it loads back up, I just havn't been able to benchmark/play any games as it crashes every single time.

My GPU is the EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti Super Clocked (2GB). I bought it new off of amazon and all the reviews are postive, saying people have no problem with it. I have updated all my drivers, and I'm sure it's not my CPU. I have no other rigs to test the GPU on, so I can not confirm if it is the Motherboard or the GPU, but I am sure it's the GPU. The motherboard drivers are the latest as are the GPU's, (GeForce experiance). If you have any soloutions please feel free to post them below, or PM me if you are willing to skype. If you are willing to skype please do not waste my time!

whats the Mobo you have and did you try updating the BIOS for the same Mobo?

Just now, Yummychickenblue said:

have you seen if this happens without the GPu in?

I have no Integrated graphics so i can not see the screen with the gpu out

1 minute ago, Benergy said:

This.

Or switch out your PSU and see if it still happens.

PSU is fine, the build should only draw 400w and it's a 500w psu

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K

MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 750ti Superclocked (At factory)

2 minutes ago, zedu101 said:

whats the Mobo you have and did you try updating the BIOS for the same Mobo?

BIOS is updated 

1 minute ago, SteamedCabbage said:

PSU is fine, the build should only draw 400w and it's a 500w psu

You're assuming the PSU isn't faulty :)

If it's a modular PSU, make sure your PCIe power cables are in the right socket.

Just now, Benergy said:

You're assuming the PSU isn't faulty :)

If it's a modular PSU, make sure your PCIe power cables are in the right socket.

Not modular, and everything runs fine and gets power, and the graphics card only crashes under load (I am speaking to you now on the PC). So I can still use it as long as it doesn't take load (Games and benchmarks)

1 minute ago, SteamedCabbage said:

Not modular, and everything runs fine and gets power, and the graphics card only crashes under load (I am speaking to you now on the PC). So I can still use it as long as it doesn't take load (Games and benchmarks)

That could mean it's a faulty power supply if it can't handle being under load.

Do you have another gpu you can test in it?

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

6 minutes ago, SteamedCabbage said:

I have no Integrated graphics so i can not see the screen with the gpu out

Do you have a friends PC or something you can put your GPU in to see if it crashes?

Just now, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

Do you have another gpu you can test in it?

Nope

Just now, Benergy said:

That could mean it's a faulty power supply if it can't handle being under load.

It was working for the first 2 days, then this started to happen. I've changed the plug sockets and the kettle lead.

just send it back its more then likely broken, you might get a new one or a refund

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Yummychickenblue said:

Do you have a friends PC or something you can put your GPU in to see if it crashes?

Only my dads prebuilt desktop, but he lives 30 miles away. All my friends have Laptops

I'd say just send it back for a replacement or refund

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

Just now, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

I'd say just send it back for a replacement or refund

Okay thanks.