PS4 30FPS

Ever since I can't believe how a consoles performs very well on games and it only cost 1 gaming parts of a rig/pc until I just recently knew that PS4 only has a 30FPS at 1080P? WTF! My whole life is a fcking LIE! differentiating 30FPS and 60FPS are very very different trust me I know I'm a PRO MOBA player in League of Legends "Master Tier" in Season 5, in MOBA oh god dropping FPS to 30 is a very very frustrating thing that will happen to you. Is there a way to overclock a console? or is there anyway to improve frame rates up to 60 STABLE FPS? I own a console from PS1-PS3 but I never owned an XBOX Console and I never knew that consoles have a 30FPS? I can agree now for those people who saying that PC gaming is the best, yes it is, coz you can make your video quality set to ultra and set to much higher resolution etc. but think about how much will you spend on a gaming pc that can run a game (e.g. Witcher 3) at 4k and stable at 60FPS. I've seen some videos/benchmark that even 2 way sli 980 ti can't even make the FPS stable at 60 (non-OC) on witcher 3 Ultra/4K. god how much a 980 ti cost each? I really cant believe to my self that I just knew this stuff. I currently owned a gaming rig that can run witcher 3 high 1080p 30fps. I'm planning to get back to console but If i really can overclock a console that would be great I wouldn't hesitate buying PS4 ASAP, but until its only fix to 30fps, I doubt buying it. and you should be subscribed to PSN to be able to play multiplayer.

Lol get a PC. Sounds ignorant, but there is a wide price range. Also, the PS4 can do 40 in some light games, Correct me if I am wrong.

after struggling to read thought this post..

Just because the ps4 is running at 1080 doesnt mean its rendering at 30

goodluck OCing a console

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

No you cannot OC a console, if you can you are going through alot of complicated things to OC it..BTW if its locked at 30fps there's really nothing much for you to do about it

Games like the witcher 3 (and fallout 4 ahem nvidia gameworks)for pc can be buggy at times and crappy optimization....So yes don't expect all high end hardware to perform 60fps on witcher 3

You have a gaming rig that runs 30fps max on witcher 3? Like locked? Confused....30 fps locked or under is considered unplayable on terms of pc gaming 

Don't want to follow sony's "BS" pay to play online feature when PC just offers free? Stick to PC simple as that 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

6 hours ago, JacobKS said:

Ever since I can't believe how a consoles performs very well on games and it only cost 1 gaming parts of a rig/pc until I just recently knew that PS4 only has a 30FPS at 1080P? WTF! My whole life is a fcking LIE! differentiating 30FPS and 60FPS are very very different trust me I know I'm a PRO MOBA player in League of Legends "Master Tier" in Season 5, in MOBA oh god dropping FPS to 30 is a very very frustrating thing that will happen to you. Is there a way to overclock a console? or is there anyway to improve frame rates up to 60 STABLE FPS? I own a console from PS1-PS3 but I never owned an XBOX Console and I never knew that consoles have a 30FPS? I can agree now for those people who saying that PC gaming is the best, yes it is, coz you can make your video quality set to ultra and set to much higher resolution etc. but think about how much will you spend on a gaming pc that can run a game (e.g. Witcher 3) at 4k and stable at 60FPS. I've seen some videos/benchmark that even 2 way sli 980 ti can't even make the FPS stable at 60 (non-OC) on witcher 3 Ultra/4K. god how much a 980 ti cost each? I really cant believe to my self that I just knew this stuff. I currently owned a gaming rig that can run witcher 3 high 1080p 30fps. I'm planning to get back to console but If i really can overclock a console that would be great I wouldn't hesitate buying PS4 ASAP, but until its only fix to 30fps, I doubt buying it. and you should be subscribed to PSN to be able to play multiplayer.

Umm are you sober or what..? You talk about 1080p and 4k like it's the standard for consoles and pc xD. Let me INFORM you. Build a PC that is affordable, let's say 500 bucks. You still get better looking games and much better framerates than consoles. There are lots of videos of even 300 bucks pc's that outperform the consoles. Also, if you say that 30fps on mobas are unplayable, how come you didn't identify your consoles as unplayable too? Something about your post isn't cutting it for me.

8 hours ago, JacobKS said:

clippy.png.3725d804b8c2d15c7d364afb9169f

As for a serious answer, no, you cannot overclock consoles. Not until someone finds a way to take over the hypervisor security processor, at least.

1 hour ago, muxmer said:

Umm are you sober or what..? --SNIP--

From OP's capability of forming a readable, coherent forum post with paragraph breaks and at least understandable sentences, I'd say nope.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

No you cannot OC a console, if you can you are going through alot of complicated things to OC it..BTW if its locked at 30fps there's really nothing much for you to do about it

Games like the witcher 3 (and fallout 4 ahem nvidia gameworks)for pc can be buggy at times and crappy optimization....So yes don't expect all high end hardware to perform 60fps on witcher 3

You have a gaming rig that runs 30fps max on witcher 3? Like locked? Confused....30 fps locked or under is considered unplayable on terms of pc gaming 

Don't want to follow sony's "BS" pay to play online feature when PC just offers free? Stick to PC simple as that 

BRO, common sense obviously the fps avg. is 30fps geeeez

3 hours ago, muxmer said:

Umm are you sober or what..? You talk about 1080p and 4k like it's the standard for consoles and pc xD. Let me INFORM you. Build a PC that is affordable, let's say 500 bucks. You still get better looking games and much better framerates than consoles. There are lots of videos of even 300 bucks pc's that outperform the consoles. Also, if you say that 30fps on mobas are unplayable, how come you didn't identify your consoles as unplayable too? Something about your post isn't cutting it for me.

I'm a human being, regarding that I didn't identify that consoles have 30fps well sorry people made mistakes and I already said it on my first post. There's a really big difference between playing at 60fps and drops to 30fps, to playing fix at 30fps.

Not entirely sure what I read, but no.  You cannot overclock a console.  I'd imagine most if not all consoles have frames per second.  Only real question is how much their hardware can output.  

As for console frame rate averages?  There is no set standard.  Some games such as the ever cinematic Witcher 3 and Order 1886 will run at 30 or so frames, while more optimized games such as Call of Duty will likely push 60 fps.  Even so there is no 100% reliable way to maintain the target frame rate.  I suppose keep the console well ventilated, minimize background tasks, and stuff might help.  Naturally all these frame rates say nothing of the resolution they're being coughed up at.

As for the cost of a 980... google it. 

On 2/10/2016 at 6:14 PM, JacobKS said:

BRO, common sense obviously the fps avg. is 30fps geeeez

I'm a human being, regarding that I didn't identify that consoles have 30fps well sorry people made mistakes and I already said it on my first post. There's a really big difference between playing at 60fps and drops to 30fps, to playing fix at 30fps.

Your comment stated your pc ran at 30fps (As if it was a console)...Nothing about the average and yes I heard stuff about people that locking their games at 30fps on pc (Crazy right?) so I'm not going to act surprised even if you did so....Even then for anyone to get much sense or a good common sense out of the wall of text you have created is beyond me. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

On 2/9/2016 at 11:51 AM, Rob.S said:

Lol get a PC. Sounds ignorant, but there is a wide price range. Also, the PS4 can do 40 in some light games, Correct me if I am wrong.

Well theres about 20 games that are 1080 60, or like 50-60

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, JacobKS said:

trust me I know PRO MOBA player in League of Legends "Master Tier" in Season 5

Preview?imageID=68999&generatorTypeID=&p

1 hour ago, FmPhenom said:

Preview?imageID=68999&generatorTypeID=&p

I tried so hard not to mention this bullshit man ahahah why did you have to point it out?!

2 minutes ago, muxmer said:

I tried so hard not to mention this bullshit man ahahah why did you have to point it out?!

Its what I do...............

1. You can't OC a console, and even if you can, I wouldn't recommend doing it, the amount of heat exhausting is going to be unreal

2. If you own a console, buy console exclusives, especially RPG since 30 fps isn't going to be a problem as much as FPS games

3. Some PS4 games are not 30fps and can reach as much as 40 ~ 45 fps

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

9 hours ago, GarnetDevil said:

3. Some PS4 games are not 30fps and can reach as much as 40 ~ 45 fps

Metro Last Light and 2033, Battlefield, Battlefront, Call of Duty, Wolfenstien, Project Cars are all 60fps not 40

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R