Where Can I Get a Vanilla Chrome OS Download?

I've looked high and low, and found nothing. Hexxeh is bust as they've removed everything except for a "latest" version which is simply a .bin file which I have no idea what to do with and seems to be corrupted (server side not my end). So, where can I get it? I've checked almost everywhere, and I want the actual Chrome OS, the recovery tool app creates a USB that won't boot for me. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 100S, the Windows 10 version with a 64GB SSD and I am trying to install onto a 64GB micro SD card but Chromixium isn't really what I want and it seems to corrupt itself after a few bootups.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

1 minute ago, 1823alex said:

I've looked high and low, and found nothing. Hexxeh is bust as they've removed everything except for a "latest" version which is simply a .bin file which I have no idea what to do with and seems to be corrupted (server side not my end). So, where can I get it? I've checked almost everywhere, and I want the actual Chrome OS, the recovery tool app creates a USB that won't boot for me. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 100S, the Windows 10 version with a 64GB SSD and I am trying to install onto a 64GB micro SD card but Chromixium isn't really what I want and it seems to corrupt itself after a few bootups.

wouldn't you be better off putting linux on it

chrome os is horrible

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

1 minute ago, techguru said:

wouldn't you be better off putting linux on it

chrome os is horrible

That's not the point. It's not that bad, it's a low power laptop that I just need for web browsing and HTML editing and the Chrome app store suite is great and Windows 10 runs like shit and isn't able to run Chrome with 2gb of RAM, with Chrome OS, it would be able to. I've already use Chrome OS before and I really do like it.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

3 minutes ago, 1823alex said:

That's not the point. It's not that bad, it's a low power laptop that I just need for web browsing and HTML editing and the Chrome app store suite is great and Windows 10 runs like shit and isn't able to run Chrome with 2gb of RAM, with Chrome OS, it would be able to. I've already use Chrome OS before and I really do like it.

linux mint mate would run fine on that laptop

the other option is putting android on it

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2946

1 minute ago, techguru said:

linux mint mate would run fine on that laptop

the other option is putting android on it

Again, not the point this wasn't a topic about whats a better option than Chrome os, I'm simply looking for a chrome OS download or a very very similar os like it (Chromixium but it doesn't seem to work)

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

this might work for you https://cublinux.com/

Sadly, that's just Chromixium, see here: http://chromixium.org/ It says they're changing the name and rebranding to Cub Linux and it doesn't seem to work very well and has a few gripes and issues while running Chrome apps.

2 minutes ago, 1823alex said:

Sadly, that's just Chromixium, see here: http://chromixium.org/ It says they're changing the name and rebranding to Cub Linux and it doesn't seem to work very well and has a few gripes and issues while running Chrome apps.

your outta luck then if you don't want linux/modified chrome os

maybe look for a recovery iso

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

maybe look for a recovery iso

Good idea, will do someone on Reddit linked me to this which seems promising, waiting on the download right now.

http://www.neverware.com/#introtext-3

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Try this, the 'Download Chromium OS' link (second one) seems to work fine

how... did I.... miss this? I swear I searched to page 5 of Google lol. Downloading now.

You cant get a vanilla chrome OS install for anything but for chromebooks, this requires a Chromebook recovery tool image, but even then if you get that it more than likely wont work due to hardware identification, if it doesn't match its database it will treat it at tampered and wont allow chrome OS to boot.

your options are chromium OS (open source version of Chrome OS and without the licences)

There is also chromiixum http://chromixium.org/

This is basically based on Ubuntu.

Another way you could do this is run a server edition of your favourate Linux distro or Arch Linux/Gentoo and build a barebones using the budgie desktop and installing chrome os, although you still wont have all the licences for stuff like silverlight.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

A dot bin file is a very old type of file that usually can only be accessed by turining it into a burnable disc image. You can extract the files using "Magic ISO" or just turn the dot bin file into a mountable image.