Freind may be getting screwed need help

ClarmonkGaming

My friend has 2 vga ports on her computer. she says the monitor she has wont work on 1 port but will work on the other port for 15 -30 minutes then it stops the monitor. she brought it to a computer guy and he said that the other vga port is for a video card he told her that if she did not turn it off when moving the monitor cable. The computer guy said that she broke it is this real or is he just trying to get some money from her i have never heard of a vha port for a video card

Okay if I'm understanding this correctly: your "friend" is having an issue with their monitor's VGA ports. When their PC is plugged into one of the VGA ports it won't work, but the other does for 15-30 minutes (for some reason)?

Ports shouldn't have a dependency on video cards for one, but I'll bite. Does the PC shut off at all, or just the monitor?

Just now, Kloaked said:

Okay if I'm understanding this correctly: your "friend" is having an issue with their monitor's VGA ports. When their PC is plugged into one of the VGA ports it won't work, but the other does for 15-30 minutes (for some reason)?

Ports shouldn't have a dependency on video cards for one, but I'll bite. Does the PC shut off at all, or just the monitor?

yes thats what she said

Just now, ClarmonkGaming said:

yes thats what she said

She said what? Did you read my whole post?

I'd test with another monitor and another cable. I've known many monitors to go bad. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just now, Kloaked said:

She said what? Did you read my whole post?

Yea she said that 1 works and 1 does not

1 minute ago, sunnaryt said:

If I'm reading this correctly, he tried to blame her for breaking it because she didn't turn off the computer before moving the monitor cable. In that case he is full of shit.

Thats what im getting from it like he never turned the pc on when he sold it to her he says that 1 vga port is just for a video card she has integrated graphics she says

1 minute ago, ClarmonkGaming said:

Yea she said that 1 works and 1 does not

You didn't respond to my whole post, mate. I asked if just the monitor turned off, or if the PC shut off as well. We need to narrow down the issue so we can help. The monitor turning off on it's own after 15-30 minutes is unusual and shouldn't happen unless the monitor itself is broken.

Wait, your friend is getting screwed? You wanna help?  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

/s

Also, test the PC with another Monitor. Also is she using on board graphics or a dedicated GPU? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.